Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im totally busted...

I've been slowly amassing a secret stash of newborn cloth in hopes of someday having a third baby... And DH totally found out about it last night and was super annoyed. It's not like I used his money or took from our budget, I've used my own money. He's just annoyed. :-( he wants me to sell everything since we're not planning on ttc for at least two years, and thinks getting it now is a big waste of time/money.

Someone tell me I'm not *crazy* for being so enamored with newborn fluff? I'm just so excited for another baby and this is one tangible way to hang on to that hope and keep it alive.

I guess I could maybe compromise and keep my favorite one? WWYD?

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im totally busted...

Why should you have to sell it? Do y'all need the money for something else? If not, I'd keep it all.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You're definitely not crazy! I'm sorry for your husband's reaction!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixed_chica
Why should you have to sell it? Do y'all need the money for something else? If not, I'd keep it all.
I agree, if you don't need the money for something else then why not keep them. I would.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixed_chica
Money is actually really tight and I think he's more upset that I didn't tell him about it all first before spending the money. He is the one who works, and when I make my own money it's either by selling crochet patterns or selling off diapers we aren't using.

We could actually use the money to pay down debt and to rebuild our emergency fund that was wiped out when he went to the ER for a head injury this summer. :-/
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So you guys are planning on having another one, just not right now? If its a yes, I'd totally be keeping everything as long as its a reasonable stash. I could kind of see him not being really excited that you hid it from him, but if its something that's not taking away from your family and its going to get used, keep them.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

Money is actually really tight and I think he's more upset that I didn't tell him about it all first before spending the money. He is the one who works, and when I make my own money it's either by selling crochet patterns or selling off diapers we aren't using.

We could actually use the money to pay down debt and to rebuild our emergency fund that was wiped out when he went to the ER for a head injury this summer. :-/
In that case, can you compromise and keep some favorites, and sell the ones that can easily be replaced later?
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post

If that's the case, I can see where he's coming from then.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it's probably also that he's really feeling a lot of pressure and stress financially (as the sole provider) and feeling frustrated that he doesn't have any spending money. It's complicated and sad. :-(.

For the record, he wasn't mean about it. Or bossy. Just super annoyed that I was doing it without telling him, and that we're not on the same page about our goals. I think we both want the same things, but have different ideas of how to get there. I know for sure a third baby is a couple years away, but maybe it freaked him out?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

And my "stash" so far is actually just four newbie sized covers. Lol. A pretty pathetic stash, IMO. But still. There is one gender neutral one I love that I can hang on to and I can part with the other three.