Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

US tomorrow!

I found out yesterday at my inprocessing appt that I am going to be getting an ultrasound at my appt tomorrow! I guess it is standard for them to do one at the beginning and at the 20w mark I can't wait to see our little baby for the first time! I came home yesterday and told my husband and he seemed happy for me but when i asked if he wanted to go he was nt interested. He was like this with both my boys as well. it's like he doesn't really care to get involved until the baby is born. Is anyone else's husbands like this?

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
pingdeft
Registered Users
seller

Re: US tomorrow!

Yay for ultrasounds, sorry your hubby isn't interested in going, though. I kind of guilt DH into it. I'm all like, "you don't HAVE to go if you don't WANT to". He already thinks I am kind of nuts. My next appointment isn't until 16 weeks, and we want to tell our family before then, and before that can happen, I want to hear a heartbeat. So I scheduled a NT test (since it's non-invasive) so we can see and hear the baby. I kind of had to guilt trip him into going to the scan, but now I think he is excited about it. Sometimes, you just have to tell them what to do. It's not "real" for them until the baby comes out. DH said with our DS, it was like we just ordered a baby and now we had to wait for it.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats great, i won't be getting one until 18 weeks. around here they aren't standard before that unless there's a problem or they need a dating scan. yay for seeing baby!! my husband will probably be excited for the first or second visit and then get bored of it. i think he feels bad saying he doesn't want to go, but it is boring, unless it's an ultrasound, and even then for some reason guys don't really understand whats going on in an ultrasound lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes. I had to ask him to come with me to the 20w US for our 2 first babies because I wanted to share with him. He doesn't seem to realize how exciting it is for us, moms, to see the baby. Like pp said, they get the thing when baby is actually born. He didn't even seem to really be excited when he felt (and saw!) babies moving in the womb. now with my 3rd pregnancy I just tell him when I'm going to the obgyn and will just tell him that he can come to the US if he wants to, we ll see
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

My hubby is the same way. He likes the ultrasounds, but as far as all of the other appointments, he doesn't really seem to want to mess with them. LOL He goes with me because I ask... but I can tell he's not too excited.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

My hubby is the exact opposite. Neither of us realized they would do a dating scan with the first baby (when I used an OB) and when he found out he missed SEEING the baby he was devastated. He hates missing any appointments. The midwives listen to heartbeat with a stethoscope, not a doppler or anything that can be heard in the room - and always offer to let us listen. I say no, cause I can feel them moving and know things are ok. He jumps all over it every chance he gets. I have to schedule anything "important" around his work because he gets so upset to miss anything.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach
My hubby is the exact opposite. Neither of us realized they would do a dating scan with the first baby (when I used an OB) and when he found out he missed SEEING the baby he was devastated. He hates missing any appointments. The midwives listen to heartbeat with a stethoscope, not a doppler or anything that can be heard in the room - and always offer to let us listen. I say no, cause I can feel them moving and know things are ok. He jumps all over it every chance he gets. I have to schedule anything "important" around his work because he gets so upset to miss anything.
Oh you lucky! I can't imagine my hubby act like that! It must be so cute
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote