Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
techanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnant and losing Supply

Alright, so we just found out were expecting another little one. I'm not even 5 weeks and my supply is suffering majorly. When I say majorly, I used to pump 6-10 oz at work in one sitting, and then an extra 3-4 just before bed. Now between the work session and before bed session, I'm lucky if I get 4oz TOTAL! The problem is, my LO is only 10 months old and I know breastmilk should be her primary source of nutrition for another two months at least.

I've read some people say oatmeal (which I plan to try) and more water (which I plan to do), but I've seen other people say "It doesn't matter, nothing helps, I dried up" (terrifying!)

SO a two part question:
1- Did you suffer from supply loss while pregnant? Were you able to do anything to help it?

2- At what point would I consider supplementing? I don't want to, but I don't want to starve DD. She does eat lots of solid foods (we did BLW, so she eats real food).

She's a big comfort nurser, so I know she will keep nursing even if she is only getting drops, so I know at some point, when my supply picks up, she will probably still be nursing. I still hope to tandem.

Advertisement

New to the blogging world as a result of our move to the other side of the world.http://adventuresinhammettland.blogspot.com/
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote