Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #31
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Check-In, Part 2

Yesterday went AWESOME. DS is starting to do more writing and even without pushing it, he is getting better control and his letters/words are looking better and better. We started the new unit on Wednesday so we are doing T/Turtle for a week. Oh we use MFWK this year and I am adding in additional math right now because he loves it and is doing some 1st grade level math. I want to add All About Reading, but money is way too tight to buy it right now.

We haven't started for today because naptime for the younger 2 hasn't started yet...we tend to do his schooling while they nap because it gives us some time to sit together and I can get him to focus better.

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #32
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Hi everyone! We are taking the week off but thought I'd come in here and say hey. Yesterday we spent the day on the beach. The day before we went into the city and took a ferry ride on the river, rode the bus around town, played at parks and went to a ridiculously huge and wonderful candy store (: It feels great to be relaxing and enjoying a week off. Taking a "vacation" even though we are staying at home
This weekend we may check out the new childrens museum here that's supposed to be pretty awesome, maybe the wildlife reserve, another trip to the beach, etc. Today my kids and I are just staying home to chill a little and clean the house up.

Also, for those of you who know that we've been car shopping for smething for me and the kids... well, we got it last week and it's been at the shop getting worked on. This morning DH picked it up and is hopefully getting plates today. So... I HAVE A CAR!!!
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic week.

Does anyone have a book recommendation for children to read (grade level between 4 to 6, or middle school level)?

Thanks.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
Hi everyone! We are taking the week off but thought I'd come in here and say hey. Yesterday we spent the day on the beach. The day before we went into the city and took a ferry ride on the river, rode the bus around town, played at parks and went to a ridiculously huge and wonderful candy store (: It feels great to be relaxing and enjoying a week off. Taking a "vacation" even though we are staying at home
This weekend we may check out the new childrens museum here that's supposed to be pretty awesome, maybe the wildlife reserve, another trip to the beach, etc. Today my kids and I are just staying home to chill a little and clean the house up.

Also, for those of you who know that we've been car shopping for smething for me and the kids... well, we got it last week and it's been at the shop getting worked on. This morning DH picked it up and is hopefully getting plates today. So... I HAVE A CAR!!!
Congrats on the wheels! All those field trips are totally educational--I don't think you took off at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel nee nee View Post
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic week.

Does anyone have a book recommendation for children to read (grade level between 4 to 6, or middle school level)?

Thanks.
We are reading the Narnia Chronicles here.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #35
FTingmama
Registered Users

Rain- Congrats on the car!

Angel - good luck on the 3 hr test. I got hypertension with my last. Pregnancy disorders are a bummer so I'll be praying for you here.

Jen- that probably is why everyone seems more together.

This is officially my second year... sort of. Dd started k 2 yrs ago at 4 but was too young and I pulled her. She started k again at ps last yr and we started hs after Christmas. This is our 1st time using curriculum though. With dd in 1st and ds starting k I just didn't think I could keep up.

We're using mus, all about spelling, and rocket phonics. They're doing much better with having curriculum and I feel better with guidance that we're actually learning and progressing. I think I'll feel more together when we add the other subjects but I want improvement in these first. We did get our work done yesterday. Dd is really improving her reading!
FTingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #36
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Hi all! Yesterday we had a get together with our homeschool group and had Friday Fun! The kids always have fun seeing other homeschoolers and doing the activites and games. The pot luck was very yummy and our scarecrow turned out great! He is currently decorating the front porch. Today DD1 and I are attending an American Girl Tea Party at our local library. She is so excited! And DH got the call last night that he got his promotion! We are feeling so blessed. I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #37
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your prayers for my health.

And thank you for the book recommendation. I did not think about Chronicles of Narnia. That's a great one.

Do you all know any website I can use to read parent review on books for chilren? thanks.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedavid2011 View Post
Hi all! Yesterday we had a get together with our homeschool group and had Friday Fun! The kids always have fun seeing other homeschoolers and doing the activites and games. The pot luck was very yummy and our scarecrow turned out great! He is currently decorating the front porch. Today DD1 and I are attending an American Girl Tea Party at our local library. She is so excited! And DH got the call last night that he got his promotion! We are feeling so blessed. I hope you all have a great weekend.
I'm glad things are going well. God is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel nee nee View Post
Thank you for your prayers for my health.

And thank you for the book recommendation. I did not think about Chronicles of Narnia. That's a great one.

Do you all know any website I can use to read parent review on books for chilren? thanks.
I use common sense media when I'm looking (especially at music the girls are listening to from their friends, but it has books, movies and games too).
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #39
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kristin--Our big thing this time was The Price is Right. It was AWESOME! The tickets are high, IMO (like $30) but lots of people win stuff, plus we won two free tickets by playing a mini plinko game at Tanger Outlet. It was SOOO fun. We did go shopping at Tanger and up there where Kohls, TJMax, Target and all that stuff is. Other than that we stayed at the hotel and played a lot of cards and did a lot of eating out. We all had a great time.

Angel--sorry, that 3 hour test stinks. But I failed my one hour with two of my kiddos, and passed the 3 hour both times. Hopefully all went well for you. Have you gotten the results yet? And what did you mean by We are moving? As in, you are right now, or you might be or what? Hope things settle down for you and that you're feeling better about things soon. As far as books, we read a few of the Laura Ingalls Wilder series recently, and now I've started A to Z mysteries with my 6 YO.

Heather--sorry. Tomorrow is your due date...anything yet? Is your doc (or midwife?) the inducing kind or not?

Rain--Congrats on the new wheels! And you break was probably fun, but it sounds like some of it was educational and I'd be logging those hours!

foggierbard and Corrie--Yeah for an awesome day!!

AFM--Well I actually don't have anything to report, I just didn't want to be too behind on the thread when I started in tomorrow. DH didn't really HS with the kids while I was gone, but I think he did have them play on starfall for a bit. I was reminded when I got home why I never leave--things get out of control in a hurry!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #40
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the congrats!!! getting plates today, CAN'T wait to go for a drive!!!

Haven't read through this thread at all... Just wanted to pop in and say hi we are back to work today. Will catch up in a bit. Hope everyone's doing great. It's so nice to have this group to check in with

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote