Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Banned - User Requested
Re: What are you getting your LO for Christmas?

They are each getting those kid digital cameras, board games, I'm making a big tee-pee for their reading nook, new wool gloves and hat from etsy, and new pajamas. I might also make a waldorf doll for my youngest and make new outfits for the older two's dolls.

harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
Registered Users

Great thread! I hope lots of people chime in so we can get ideas. I still need a few.

Shared gifts for the girls -
A dress up chest (like, literally, the chest and maybe a few items to go inside - does anyone know of a good place to get something like this? I checked the thrift stores and found one old, junky chest but I'm looking for something nicer but not too expensive. otherwise, i don't even know where to shop for a chest.)

Making animal ear head bands

I also want to do a homemade I Spy thing. I took all the pictures, now just need to figure out how I want to put it together.

If I have extra time (haha), I want to do a Duplo Lego puzzle book. Put together a bunch of different "puzzles" with Duplos, take a picture, then put them in a book. The kids can sort through the legos and put the puzzles together to match the picture.

5yo DD is also getting a bunch of new PJ's from OUAC.

I am still thinking about a bigger gift for the 2yo and something small for the baby boy (not clothes, though). Maybe one bigger gift for all of them for Christmas morning.

for stockings - toothbrush, toothpaste, bandaids, and a crayon (marker) roll for each.
Amy ~ Everything in moderation, WOH, glass half full, not committed to any labels, try, try again mama to 3! H 11/07 and M 8/10 and B 8/12
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
My Mood:

We only do gifts for kids in our family....
4yo DD and 6yo DS we're doing a want, wear, play, share theme.
ODS is getting a nintendo DS (want), adventure time shirt (wear), batman action figure car (play), kindle fire (share with his sister).
DD is trying to decide between a monster high high school or a toy unicorn "with a horn and hair and a brush!" (want), twinkle toes shoes (wear), monster high doll (play), kindle fire (share with brother).

YDS, who will be 15 months at Christmas, we're doing a want, need, play, read theme. No clue for want or play yet lol Maybe a couple nice wood puzzles with chunky pieces made for little hands? Need will probably be clothes or a new cloth diaper or two (not like he NEEDS more diapers, but hey, *I* like them ), read will be a couple new board books.

My niece will turn 4 a few days after Christmas, so I have to figure out something for her for Christmas AND her b-day. I think I might try grabbing some halloween costumes on clearance after halloween and making her a dress-up box for one gift, and then a doll for the other since she keeps telling me she needs more babies
Brenna, all around AP'ing, trying to be crunchier, stay at home mama to Ash, Bryn, and our little Rebel Journey, wife to Nate
Come swag with me!! I've earned $75 in FREE Amazon gift cards just by searching
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

ds1 is 5 and he's getting a few 100 piece puzzles, a few dress up super hero costumes and a science kit

ds2 is 2 years old and is getting a stamp collection and a few monster trucks.

Then they get a few presents together on Christmas day which will be some new books and something else but I'm not sure what yet.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

DD will be 2 in January, she is getting a Bitty Baby for Christmas

DS1 is 5 and he is getting lots of Legos

DS2 I am unsure of so far, he is having his birthday party this weekend, so it will largely depend on what sorts of things he gets for his birthday from family, and how much he enjoys certain things
Hi I'm Sara mommy to 4 little Mischief Makers
SaraElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Gazelle Intense
Catherine will be almost 16 months. She is getting a toy broom and mop and the Radio Flyer metal ride on (not a trike).

Henry, 5, is getting a bike and a remote control helicopter.
Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07; Catherine 09.01.11
always missing Jack, 08.23.10
& newest addition Audrey, 04.15.14

Last edited by L J; 10-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
Registered Users

4.5 year old DD:
From Santa: Mango Tiki Wiki Lalaloopsy, The snail and the whale and Moostletoe (books), some clothes, leg warmers and a hello kitty in her stocking (with the usual toothbrush toothpaste hair clip stuff).
From us: Not sure yet. (Maybe a My Little Pony or a Merida doll).

Almost 3 year old DS:
From Santa: Blue Dinoco Lightning McQueen and Cruisin McQueen die cast cars, I love you stinky face and I saw santa (books), some clothes. In his stocking he'll get a couple expansion pieces for his wooden train track and a train with cars that spell out his name along with the 'regular' stuff.
From us: Not sure yet. (Maybe some Lego Duplo).

Depending on funds come xmas they may be getting new pillows and gymnastics classes as well.
Proud Canadian Mum to N and G!
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
Registered Users

The main gift for my 2.5year olds will be balance bikes.

They were 18M last christmas. The favorite gifts were blocks (got got Haba Fantasy blocks and Mega Bloks). They also got the Little Tikes shopping cart and Tool Bench and really liked those (and still do).
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
Registered Users
My son will be 27 months old at Christmas. We are planning to give him a few Schleich animal figures, a set of Duplos, a couple new board books and maybe a new puzzle, if I can find one I like.
LittleLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
kushie tushie
Registered Users
My Mood:
We got a Rody for each kid.

DS (almost 3 at Christmas): a couple playmobil sets, some clothes, books...

DD (18mo at chsristmas): clothes...

Thats all I have so far :/

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote