Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #31
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: What are you getting your LO for Christmas?

#1 (5 yrs old) a train play and go thomas set
#2 (4 yrs old) a CARS set
#3 (2yrs old) a big toy tractor and some little tractors
#4 (1 yr old) a pull along fisher price milk truck

We spend upto 40 dollars on each, but if their toy is under than yay for us! Haha. I also handmake them somethings... pj pants, felt playmats, fleece capes, a new dress.

We try to keep it simple because by the time grandparents give gifts they have more than enough. When we, sibs, started having 3 and 4 kids we all decided to give family gifts betwwen the kids (board games or a movie).

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't done too much thinking for this year yet, but last yr when he was about 18 months he got a toy kitchen, Melissa and Doug easel (both of which he stills loved and uses daily, a Lego duplo train set, some more pieces for his plan toy wooden train set, a tent/tunnel thing, and other small stuff. We did a trampoline and a balance bike for his 2nd birthday which just recently at 2 1/2 became a big hit, the bike that is. He doesn't need a ton but I will probably get him so puzzles, learning toys, art stuff, etc and idk what for a bi thing yet!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

Dd1 and 2 are getting a big doll house to share that dh is making. I am making then each a princess costume dress and a pair of pjs. I will probably buy them 1 toy of their choosing as well.

DS is getting a radio flyer push wagon and a mama made you or two.
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am getting DD a princess sleeping bag, a matching stuffed unicorn, an "old school" My Little Pony princess pony, and PJ's that say Daddy's Princess. DH is getting her the newest American Girl because her name is Caroline, and the Samantha AG Christmas movie. She is also getting the book "A Bad Kitty Christmas" from our cats.

She might get an indoor trampoline from Santa, mostly to save my pregnant body from all the bouncing off the walls I anticipate this winter
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #35
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Oldest dd is getting books about fairies, handmade book mark, a Shirley temple DVD, a shirt and her stocking. Dd 2 is getting books about animals, a bookmark, a stocking and no idea what else. youngest is getting zooble set, books, my little ponies, and get stocking. I will get all of them Pjs
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #36
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea yet which isn't great. Tharen wants a jungle gym, I've been watching for them on CL but so far most are too far away when they do come up. I'm hoping to find one at a decent price. Dh has talked about building the fort for them but it would be difficult to make it a Christmas gift (no real way to surprise them with it as it is going to be pretty obvious) he might gift them with the wood but it is such a lousy time of year to build. It doesn't get super cold here but it does get nasty rainy most years. I don't want them to be waiting months for their Christmas gift to be built. I guess we will just see what he decides to do. I would love for them to have a fort to play in though. Other than that I am at a loss. They have sooooooo many toys and books I just don't know what to buy for them. I wanted to get a Rody Max for Tharen but it is $$$ and I don't know that we can spend that especially since he has a Giddy Up and Go Pony he never really used but he refuses to part with either.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm tired of picking up all of there stuff so I'd like to get them each a U-Haul!
Dd1 is 4- she has lots of dress up stuff so if like to get her some thing to organize her dress up stuff. Also, phonics fridge magnet letters, books, candy land, bitty baby. Her birthday is January so I'll get stuff on BF sales and stash it!

Dd2 is 18 months- fisher price walker, doll, wheely bug

Last edited by Lolobug; 10-21-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #38
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS is 20 months. He's getting dinosaur train figures, a cape, and maybe more toy cars. For a big gift, I'm combo-ing the 2 kids and buying a small table with those foldable legs, and gluing Lego building plates to the top, and buying a bunch of Lego and Duplos. Both of them are super into blocks and Lego right now
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #39
July10baby
Registered Users

My DS will be 18 months and is getting a bounce house and the Step 2 Up and Down Coaster for his big gifts. Here's hoping they help with pent up winter energy

So far we also got him: a boy cabbage patch baby, big brick style blocks, see n say, a few little people sets, chuck the talking truck, another truck,a cash register, a bouncing ride on turtle, tool set, and some books.... I think we went overboard
July10baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #40
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not to hijack BUT I have 2 new in box corolle dolls if anyone is interested
Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote