Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Shipping method

Bought something on eBay, it was listed with expedited shipping. Silly me assumed priority mail. Got my package today and it was shipped parcel post.

Would you have assumed priority as well and if you did would you ask for a refund on shipping?

I need to learn to stay away from eBay...

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping method

Was it in time frame when u got as ebay said? I just noticed today ebay changed settings on shipping. Was shipping over estimated that u paid? I always ship parcel post unless I got a priority bag or something from something I got.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I discovered the hard way that the expedited shipping just means they have to SHIP it within the time frame specified. It does not refer to the method they use. And people who choose parcel post (with a few exceptions) irritate me. Priority is almost always $1 or less difference! Yet Parcel takes weeks sometimes
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would have assumed expidited shipping meant that your package jumped to the front of the line of the other packages they have to ship. But that's only bc I worked as an "expiditer" at a fast food place in high school. Lol. Our job was basically just to look at the order screens and go in order which order was placed first, then pack it up and set it out for the customer.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
I discovered the hard way that the expedited shipping just means they have to SHIP it within the time frame specified. It does not refer to the method they use. And people who choose parcel post (with a few exceptions) irritate me. Priority is almost always $1 or less difference! Yet Parcel takes weeks sometimes
I always ship parcel post unless priority is cheaper. But the items I list are usually only $6-20 in cost. So the extra $1 coming out of my pocket (for dozens of items) does make a difference over time. But I'm also really clear about which shipping method I use so that the buyer knows they have options.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can always ask for a refund, but I really doubt that the seller or eBay or paypal would grant it.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It was supposed to get here by Saturday and it came today (Tuesday). I was charged $13.95 for shipping and it cost $11.99 to ship. This was not from a seller that had a lot of items so I don't think my package jumped line anywhere.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I would have assumed expidited shipping meant that your package jumped to the front of the line of the other packages they have to ship. But that's only bc I worked as an "expiditer" at a fast food place in high school. Lol. Our job was basically just to look at the order screens and go in order which order was placed first, then pack it up and set it out for the customer.
This is not true.

"Handling time" is the time they have to get it out of their door. If they say "1-day handling" that means they need to ship within 24 hours of payment.

"Shipping time" is supposed to mean the time for the package to actually arrive to you, once it's shipped.

Expedited shipping means the seller must send it priority or express.
Ebay recently announced that even first-class shipments no longer quality as expedited. First-class shipments must be categorized as "standard shipping" (1-5 days).

If the seller said expedited shipping, they should not have sent parcel. They should have put "economy shipping" or "parcel post" in the shipping method in that case.

However, I would not raise a stink about it unless I was already unhappy with other things about the transaction, or it REALLY took a long time to get to me.

Last edited by expaik; 10-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
It was supposed to get here by Saturday and it came today (Tuesday). I was charged $13.95 for shipping and it cost $11.99 to ship. This was not from a seller that had a lot of items so I don't think my package jumped line anywhere.
Didn't see this until after I posted upthread.

I suppose in a case like this I'd be annoyed too. Not so much about the difference in cost though. You paid an extra $2, but of the total shipping cost the seller charged you, 9-13% of that actually went into eBay's pocket (retarded, isn't it? that the seller has to pay FVF on shipping), so often sellers charge more than the ACTUAL shipping to cover the fees.

I'd take issue with having expected priority shipping but getting parcel.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik

This is not true.

"Handling time" is the time they have to get it out of their door. If they say "1-day handling" that means they need to ship within 24 hours of payment.

"Shipping time" is supposed to mean the time for the package to actually arrive to you, once it's shipped.

Expedited shipping means the seller must send it priority or express.
Ebay recently announced that even first-class shipments no longer quality as expedited. First-class shipments must be categorized as "standard shipping" (1-5 days).

If the seller said expedited shipping, they should not have sent parcel. They should have put "economy shipping" or "parcel post" in the shipping method in that case.

However, I would not raise a stink about it unless I was already unhappy with other things about the transaction, or it REALLY took a long time to get to me.
Oh! I didn't know this! I never offer "expedited shipping" as an option, and I'm glad now bc I would have hated to cause an issue like this for a buyer. :-/ I don't feel bad sending parcel post when it's clearly stated that I will be shipping that way, but saying it's expedited and then sending it parcel is lame.

Are they a newer seller?

Perhaps they didn't realize this either?