Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Shipping method

I was just looking at buying something but the shipping said "expediataed" ..but listed it as Parcel (and the item was tiny and could totally go 1st class for just a couple bucks - even a FRE would have been cheaper then their "expediated parcel"

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I usually send larger items priority as it's sometimes even cheaper than parcel post.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I looked at the listing closer, it says USPS priority mail. I'm mostly satisfied, but the did a terrible job packaging it - it was busting out and ripped and the sealing glue strip was stuck to the item.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #14
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty
I looked at the listing closer, it says USPS priority mail. I'm mostly satisfied, but the did a terrible job packaging it - it was busting out and ripped and the sealing glue strip was stuck to the item.
I would send a friendly message about this. I wouldn't worry that much about the price difference if they had bought new packaging since that probably cost 2$ and if paypal and ebay fees are assessed on that amount it probably is what it costs to ship. But I might say something like. , ". Thank you for the item. For your protection in the future, you may want to consider different packaging since my package arrived bursting at the edges, ripped and with glue stuck to my item. Also you may want to reconsider your shipping preference since the auction specified priority mail "expedited" shipping and this package was sent parcel post. While I am not unhappy with this transaction, correcting the above.things may prevent someone else from being unhappy."
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #15
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I thought the rules for eBay was that the shipping charge was for shipping only, if you wanted to have the cost of packaging and time/gas to get it mailed included it needed to be built into your selling price. I get that there are fees but I figured those were the sellers responsibility not mine.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Yes, that's true. It's explicitly stated in the rules for sellers in fact.

However, eBay isn't about to go after the 85% of sellers who are inflating their shipping costs. It's just not going to happen. You might be able to convince the seller to refund you the $2 you overpaid by bringing the rule to his attention though.

There *is* a loophole. Ebay does allow for the seller to add "handling fees" to the shipping costs. Handling is for packaging materials costs and the seller can claim that his add-ons included the box, tape, printing label, etc...

Honestly, I don't think it's worth the time to argue. If it bugs you, I'd leave neutral feedback and state the reason.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote