Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
**action shots added** Large prefolds and covers question

e(again)ta: nickis order arrived. Imagine bamboo prefolds and thirsties are my favorite <3

eta: 12 gmd cloth-eeze unbleached brown edged prefolds, 6 gmd organic snapping workhorse fitteds, 12 imagine smart fit large bamboo prefolds and 4 Thirsties size 2 duo wraps in aplix are all otw
Excited to get back to prefolds.
Now to sell all this other stuff!

I am thinking of going back to prefolds and covers. I would like to fasten with pins or snappi/boingo, and my ds is 18 months, 25 lbs. and average-tall. Anyone want to help with prefold and cover recommendations?
I currently have some medium Imagine bamboo prefolds that are almost too small, so I'm pretty sure we need large. I am leaning toward gmd unbleached browns. Anyone use those and have cover recommendations? Maybe Thirsties (sized or duo) or Econobum...?

Advertisement

Last edited by stephcrouse; 09-24-2012 at 04:57 PM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
jthibodeau
Registered Users

Re: Large prefolds and covers question

I have these prefolds: http://www.peekaboobottoms.com/india...html?cPath=118

They work great (we snappi them on) on our 25lbs 19 month old. I use Medium Bummis covers for the most part. Waiting on the new pull up style! I also have a Thirsties Duo that is our nighttime go to and we love it!
jthibodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Anyone else using prefolds?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
momma2eliandisaac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have been using GMD brown edge with my 2.5yo snappied or the Red edge are perfect on him pinned! I love them, so soft and absorbent!! I mainly use Thirsties size 2 or WCW interlock covers. Both prefold cover combos fit under regular clothes fine for us!
momma2eliandisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

How big is your 2.5 year old? I would love to see some action shots of the difference in fit between the red pinned and the brown on a baby. Do you find the red to be absorbent enough? What size WCW? Really, under clothes!?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I were using prefolds and covers right now, I think I'd tri-fold with Flip snaps and snappi/pin with the new Bummis pull ons. Just a suggestion.

Just cuirous, why didn't you like the Imagine bamboo? Why are you wanting to go back to the cotton ones?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

We use brown edge and kawaii covers in my 30lb 21mo.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post
If I were using prefolds and covers right now, I think I'd tri-fold with Flip snaps and snappi/pin with the new Bummis pull ons. Just a suggestion.

Just cuirous, why didn't you like the Imagine bamboo? Why are you wanting to go back to the cotton ones?
I have been padfolding in the flips and I am just kind of tired of the folding, and the fit isn't great anymore in the snap ones. I do like the imagine bamboo, but don't care for trifolding, so I need to upsize. I may order some of the larges, but want to wait on the gmd browns to come first. The thing I like best about prefolds is that floppy, softness and I think I may get that best with regular unbleached cotton.

And WHY can I not find a ribbit trim econobum cover anywhere?!?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I have a ribbit (green right?) econobum I was getting ready to list I'll double check. I use imagine blues every night on my almost 2 yo 25 lber with sbish soaker or imse vimse bumpy wool. For daytime I could wrangle her into yellow imagines but not much room. I prefer my zabi rainbows with iv organic cotton or niji cotton covers both give plenty of coverage. But from your post above are you going to try WH instead of prefolds? I had a bunch of prefolds converted into trainers with snaps on the side & I'm going to try those too as my dappi and old style bummi nylon pull-ups just came yesterday. Hope you find something that works!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I wanted a few cotton fitted for others to use, but I am planning to use mostly pfs. I ordered a dozen of the gmd unbleached browns and 6 of the organic brown workhorse with snaps. I still haven't figured out what covers...pm me if you have an euc green trim cover!