Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #31
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Selfish with your baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemarques View Post
My first baby is 7 weeks old and I just absolutely hate when other people hold her. It makes me panic and cringe. I hate it. I want her with me all of the time and I guess just don't feel comfortable with other people taking care of her. Anyone else like this?
Our niece is holding her currently and I am just counting down the moments until she is back to me. Unfortunately she doesn't like to give her back
I'm not really this way with family but, with everyone else, yes. Especially the last time, because I had a newborn at the height of cold/flu season. Honestly, I don't like being apart from my babies much for the first year. My youngest is 9 months and I still get antsy if I'm away from her for more than a couple of hours.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #32
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't mind them holding for a few minutes, but once it got to 10-15 minutes, I started getting upset. Especially when he started crying!! I didn't have a problem taking him back from my mom, but it was hard to take him back from MIL and BIL. I actually had to leave the room past 10 minutes and busy myself until i just HAD to get him back.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #33
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried to let people hold the baby, but it was hard in the beginning. Mostly, it upset me when he was crying, and they tried to soothe him themselves rather than just hand him back. Other than that I didn't mind it, for short periods. It gets easier. I think you're completely normal!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle04 View Post
I'm not really this way with family but, with everyone else, yes. Especially the last time, because I had a newborn at the height of cold/flu season. Honestly, I don't like being apart from my babies much for the first year. My youngest is 9 months and I still get antsy if I'm away from her for more than a couple of hours.

My youngest is 16 months old. My husband offered to take son to bible study because I was sick. It would only have been no more than 2 hours. I just couldn't let my son go so long without me.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #35
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle04 View Post

My youngest is 16 months old. My husband offered to take son to bible study because I was sick. It would only have been no more than 2 hours. I just couldn't let my son go so long without me. I was having separation anxiety.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have felt protective o my two los but only when it comes to mil and fil, with dd. because they were so upset and vocal about being against me getting pregnant after only 1 year of marriage. With ds i felt this way toward mil because again me getting pregnant upset her so much. When they came to visit us the day i got out of the hospital i only did not want mil to hold him. Ten when they would not get up and feed him or chnage his diapersand he got a blister type diaper rash at less than a week old. I have decided that for the next lo the ils are not welcome to come stay with us, they say its to help but while there with us dh does not want to help, the ils dont help and make messes. I will not need more people to take care of. They fooled me once, second time i said no but dh made me feel terrible because i allowe my mom and siblings to come. They reorganized, cleaned and cooked almost he entire time they where with us and my mom watched dd while i was in the hospital.so i allowed them to come stay i was promised it would be different he was right it was different. It was worse than when dd was born and they cane to visit us a couple times a week) i will not be an imbecile and be fooled three times.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #37
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My arms would feel empty and I'd feel like I didn't know what to do when someone else was holding my baby. Even hubby. I did let everyone hold her though but at 3 months she got bad stranger anxiety anyway and I had to stop. She's better now, doesn't like others to hold her but won't scream if they just look at her like before.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #38
Sheagirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My poor mother in law came to help out the first week after my second baby was born and every time she held him I cringed. Sometimes she would try and soothe him and I would just "snatch" him back.
Sheagirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #39
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD 2 we did a really smart thing and never offered a bottle or paci and when she would start to squirm or fuss I would say, OH, she needs to eat and take her! I was in a room mate situation when she first arrived and my roommate was an idiot and would have all her shady idiot friends over and i'd be nursing on the couch and in would walk joe shmoe. I remember when her parents came to visit and her stepdad was really gross, dirty, smoker, and just sleazy looking, I was nursing Anna on my couch and he was STARING at me, so I asked his wife if he was thirsty and I'd be happy to pump him some and put it in a cup. They left and never came back. (this was not the first thing that happened it was just the last straw) Anna ended up getting sick at 5 weeks old, because of all the "traffic" in my house, she spiked a huge temp and guess what! Had to have a spinal tap! Im not passing my baby to anyone other than my bestest closest friends my SIL's during visit and my husband and daughters. Sorry, I learned the hard way after watching my five week old get a spinal tap and then being in the hospital for DAYS waiting for the cultures to be clear. I was so scared/worried. Never again.

Anyone who touches my babies has to wash their hands first. I also limit visitors. Im good at shutting off my phone and not answering the door!

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 10-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
My parents are smokers. I had huge issues with them holding Rebekah because they would go outside, smoke then come in and hold her right up against them. I cringed and quickly took her back or asked them to lay her down each time.

I didn't realize how horrible the smoke was until I was snuggling bean and her tiny hands smelled like cigarettes.

Last edited by EuphoricDysphoria; 10-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote