Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #31
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BGE worth the $

Subbing...!

Advertisement

MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post

I loved the trimmess of GroVia but sadly, they left awful red marks and leaked for us
I just got my first Grovia AIO and I'm so disappointed that they leave really angry red marks on my LO. She is pretty chubby and the super narrow crotch doesn't work well with her. It looks uncomfortable when I put it on her and I think it is because she has all kinds of marks and creases and welt like things all over her (not just the legs) when I take them off.

I'm even more disappointed because I have 2 more OTW. I guess I shouldn't have ordered three before trying one. Ugh. They will most likely go on FSOT.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the OS Simplex. I haven't tried a BGE yet, but I have some OTW and I really hope that I love them as much as the OS Simplex!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #33
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We love our BGE's. We've been using them for over a yr and have no holes (although they are always dried on a drying rack). I actually really like the attached soaker; I just pull it flat so the excess is in front to add absorbency. (I'm not a big fan of the Freetime's detached soaker. I find it a little wonky and always have to tuck it back in.) Our BGE's never get stink (unlike our BB inserts, ugh microfiber), and I think they fit the same as our Flip covers (kiddos are on the same snap settings for both).

So I love our BGE's, but only on babies. My DD (2.5 yo) can pee through them in no time (though I haven't tried doublers). Absorbancy was great until about age 1.5ish for her. We'll see how long they last my DS (going strong at 5 mo!).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #34
mdm2137
Registered Users
seller

I am switching to BGEs (along with Bumkins AIO) so I hope they are worth it!
mdm2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaga View Post
We love our BGE's. We've been using them for over a yr and have no holes (although they are always dried on a drying rack). I actually really like the attached soaker; I just pull it flat so the excess is in front to add absorbency. (I'm not a big fan of the Freetime's detached soaker. I find it a little wonky and always have to tuck it back in.) Our BGE's never get stink (unlike our BB inserts, ugh microfiber), and I think they fit the same as our Flip covers (kiddos are on the same snap settings for both).

So I love our BGE's, but only on babies. My DD (2.5 yo) can pee through them in no time (though I haven't tried doublers). Absorbancy was great until about age 1.5ish for her. We'll see how long they last my DS (going strong at 5 mo!).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
They work great for my 19 month old, but I do worry about this changing soon. What do you use for your 2.5 year old?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #36
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

I was looking at these bc I want a OS diaper with 100% cotton inner. I need it to work for a 2yr old and a NB (well when they fit). I also want something that is trim and will fit under regular clothes, so I don't have to buy jeans a size or 2 bigger and roll them up 20 times.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #37
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys View Post
I was looking at these bc I want a OS diaper with 100% cotton inner. I need it to work for a 2yr old and a NB (well when they fit). I also want something that is trim and will fit under regular clothes, so I don't have to buy jeans a size or 2 bigger and roll them up 20 times.
What about the OS Simplex? My friend has a baby that's about 12 lbs and they fit him great. The dry time is faster with the simplex too. I do love both diapers though.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #38
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BGE's were our go to diaper, I sold everything and had a full stash of them. Then dd hit toddlerhood and started holding and flooding her pee, she could soak a bge and leak. I was totally bummed but found that if I added a small hemp babies doubler under the soakers she was fine.

So I would say they are worth the $ but not full price.... I think $20 is more then a fair price for them. We still love them as they are sooooo soft with all natural fibers, if we had anymore babies I would buy again.

BTW Grovias did not work for my dd either horrible for chunky legs
Simplex sized are nice and I really liked them too but they are not as soft as BGE's.
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
Lauren1041
Registered Users
seller

I think they're worth it, but I prefer OS Swaddlebees Simplex. They dry so much faster and they seem stretchier.
Lauren1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #40
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think they are worth the money, probably at used prices, though.

I had a full stash of daycare BGE's. They worked awesome. My only complaint is they just aren't big enough to get all the way thru PT, especially if you have a bigger kid. My 2yo is probably 75th percentile for everything and she outgrew them around 20 months. I was so sad.

My newbie is using BGE's now. They are working great on him, too.

I've used and loved the Grovia AIO's, but the fabric is CRAP. Buy those brand spankin' new because you'll be able to send them in for holes within a year - they fared way worse than my BGE's. Some people say that Grovia AIO's are outgrown quickly (which I found true - like 15 months), but then kids will sometimes grow back into them as they get bigger (which was also true for me....but by then I was so fed up with them wearing out that I sold them all while they still had value).