Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeast in diapers?

I sold diapers locally and the buyer let me know that after using them her child developed a rash. She wants to know if we've had yeast. We haven't, to my knowledge, but I don't really know how to tell...we last used those diapers months ago, and I can't remember if DS had a rash around that time. He's had very few rashes overall. We have struggled with ammonia recently, but that was after we stopped using the diapers in question. Ugh, I feel awful, how do I know if we had yeast? What should I do next?

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast in diapers?

If it was just a month ago, I think you would remember dealing with yeast. Yeast is way different than just a rash. I would tell her you haven't deal with yeast, but if her baby has yeast, she needs to strip all her diapers with bleach, and take her baby to the Dr.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree, yeast is nasty. It causes BAD rashes and is hard to get rid of. If you had it, you'd know. Her child is probably just sensitive to your detergent or maybe they have some ammonia buildup. I'd tell her to strip with dawn or use some bleach and rinse, rinse, rinse.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Like pp mentioned, I would tell her to use bleach and just do a few rinses. It could very well be a sensitivity to the detergent. It could also just be a coincidence that her LO developed a yeast rash at the same time she bought them, especially if he was on antibiotics recently, or her if she's nursing. I ALWAYS bleach new to me diapers for this reason as well as bleach every load. DD is prone to yeast infections because she was on antibiotics for 1 1/2 years for medical reasons and her flora is just now starting to regulate itself.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If she breastfeeds and used antibiotics recently, that could cause a yeast rash for her baby. Also if her baby has taken antibiotics it can definitely cause yeast, as antibiotics mess up flora. We battled with yeast for a little bit after I took antibiotics for mastitis. Boiling the diapers seemed to work for us.