Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Nixxi
Registered Users

Am I the only one??

I look at other peoples stashes and usually see one thing in common. EVERYONE has prefolds and covers. I however have none. I have a very substantial stash in the making and it includes LOTS of pockets, AIOs, AI2s, and some fitteds, and a couple of covers for my fitteds. The reason I don't have prefolds and shells so far is my husband is pretty intimidated by the thought of it. He likes simple. And honestly I do too. I like the thought that changing diapers is going to be just pull diaper from stash, remove dirty diaper, wipe, put on clean diaper and snap or velcro. Tada done lol. So am I the ONLY person who has a diaper stash that does not include one single prefold?

Advertisement

Nixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one??

Not the only one but I do have prefolds. I don't snappi them on anymore and haven't since she was a peanut. I padfold and put them in covers pretty much ready to go as an AI2.
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have some prefolds but my baby has outgrown them so we are not using them anymore.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our stash is entirely prefolds and flip covers right now. At one point we had an all pocket stash but i got sooo tired of stuffing them. Prefolds seem intimidating at first, but personally I think they are much simpler than pockets. I usually trifold, or will Boingo them if I think he's going to poo soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pockets were my first. Hated stuffing after week 2. Then AI2s. Decided I didn't like synthethic materials because of the washing routine and skin sensitivity from my son. Now we have all cotton flats/prefolds with flip/rar covers. They are honestly just as simple as an AI2 but wash waayyy easier to get clean, no stink, and no rash/reaction
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I started out with pockets and AIO's, and then went through the whole round of different diapers over the years. I love prefolds, and use them a lot!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't use prefolds for the first few months we were using CDs. I was intimidated and liked the thought of "easy" so I had an array of AIO's, AI2's, and Pockets, though a Flip cover and some prefolds and flats were in my trial package. While searching for the perfect stash, I bought 6 flats and 6 prefolds to try, sucked at it, got poo all over DH one time, and they stayed put away for a couple of months. I tried them again and now flats and prefolds make up most of my stash! I am in love! DH practiced and even he can fasten them on very well now. He won't use pins and I'm slow at pinning so he uses a Snappi and I use Boingo's.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 2 gerber prefolds. I got a pack as a gift and have managed to find other uses for all the rest. I cannot fold a pf to save my life so I never bothered wasting money on nice ones. I've read directions, watched youtube videos... I just can't do it. Lol

So no, you aren't the only one. I always thought I was! I don't even consider those 2 part of my stash. They're just rags waiting me to find a good use for them.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
lissydoll99
Registered
seller

I too, have NO prefolds, S/O hates them. 40 diapers, and that isnt including flips or Gs.
lissydoll99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

All that I have are Flip covers, organic and stay dry inserts. We don't use anything else.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote