Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Second thoughts on more

DH and I have been TTC for almost a year. This is my first cycle on clomid, but now I am having second thoughts and I don't know if it is because of the clomid or my stressful week. My neighbor had to have a c-section so we are watching her kids for the week and I am just worn out. Everything has sort of crashed this week. DH had to go to the ER and they still don't know what's wrong with him (we have heard everything from clot to cancer to bug bite). DS fell and ended up in the ER and has a pretty cool Halloween face now. The new mom loves my cooking so she keeps requesting I bring her some of her favorite foods to the hospital. (I swear she had less cravings in the 9 months prior!) I'm going to miss DD's first award ceremony at school because I have to take the neighbor's kid to school smack dab in the middle of the ceremony. I really thought I could handle more , but now I don't know. I know it will still be crazy, but wont it be easier when it's just my kids? I know I won't have to hear "But MY mommy doesn't do it that way!" 40 times a day at least!

Advertisement

KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
mamamanya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Second thoughts on more

Sounds like an exhausting and stressful week mama. You sure are a great friend!

IMO, taking care of your own kids is much easier and enjoyable than taking care of someone elses kids.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Sounds like you have a busy week! We have 6 kids, and yes it's pretty crazy. However, I do think it's easier when they're your own. In some instances I find it easier when the kids have friends over and we have more kids over because everyone stays really busy and the siblings tend to argue less. However, this only works well with certain kids. With other kids, it's more stressful having more kids because they're pickier about what they want to eat, what they want to play, etc.
In your case, it sounds like you don't have very much control over the schedule (e.g. having to miss the ceremony), whereas when you're the parent, you have more control. My parents live very close by, and so they are able to help with driving kids to events, lessons, etc. I do think it would be harder without that support.

Is there another neighbor that both you and the kids' mom know who could take her child to school that day so you don't have to miss your daughter's ceremony? I would definitely be finding out of the mom is comfortable with you asking someone else.

Does the hospital where your neighbor had her baby not provide good meals or something??? That seems crazy to me that she'd have the guts to ask you to be cooking for her while you're also taking care of her kids!! Every hospital I've ever been in has great food and plenty of it. If I were in your position, I would politely tell her that you're flattered that she loves your cooking so much, but you're feeling like you just don't have the time to make extra food since you're taking care of extra kids and you've had to deal with medical issues in your family. If you're feeling nice, maybe offer to bring her some of her favorite foods after she gets home from the hospital and will really need the food???
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's much easier to get them as a newborn and one at a time then getting several that talk.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think it is just your week. I had a week similar but not as bad as that this week. I am half way through my pregnancy but I broke down and cried that I would never be able to handle more and what in the world did I do? It was all stress related. I am totally fine now and happy another one is coming
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for getting so off topic in my postRereading it, I realized I spent more time giving my suggestions of dealing with the current situation than answering your question Not quite what you asked for!
So, in answer to your question, yes--I do think that usually it is easier having more kids when it's your own. Like you said, it is different when they're not yours and they're used to the way their own mom does things. Plus, it's more of a gentle easing in and growing rather than smack dab, there are more kids to take care of!

Last edited by dolphingirl; 10-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks mommas! I'm still slightly nervous, but being back to just my kids now I am A LOT calmer about TTC. I have a problem of wanting to be super mom and felt like I was just spread to thin with all the extra stuff going on.
My kids (and DH) are going crazy wanting another baby, but I still think about all the negative stuff. The kids I have now won't be able to do as much extra stuff (dance, martial arts, music lessons) and I won't be as active in their school. Right now DH and I go on "dates" with our kids so they get special one on one time, but with more we won't be able to do as many.
I also think about how much I want my kids to have that brother/brother or sister/sister bond. I want my kids to have a good solid family when DH and I are gone.
I guess what's meant to be will be though!
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote