Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
toddler vitamin recs?

DS used to LOVE veggies.. and pretty much anything you would put in front of him. for the last month or 2 he has become super picky and hardly eats anything. He still easts tons of fruit, but veggies and protein... forget it. I slip the protein in through chobani yogurt since it has a ton in it, and slip the veggies in through those fruit/veggie pouches.. he thinks those are a treat ... but I dont feel like he is eating enough variety to get a balanced diet, though he is offered a balanced meal 3x a day plus healthy snacks.

You cant force feed a toddler lol. So I want to put him on a good vitamin to ensure it is filling in the gaps of the food he is refusing to eat..

He will be 2 in November. What do you all suggest? I am thinking a liquid i can mix into the yogurt seeing he is allergic to Red dye and i know the gummy ones have that in them. Im open to all suggestions though.

thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: toddler vitamin recs?

My naturopath put our picky allergenic 2-year-old on this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...dp/B0015R3E46. A half dose (one per day).

Another good one is Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries. They are gummies, but they don't have artificial colors or allergens. I also like that I can put his Vitamin D drop on the gummy. Nordic Naturals also makes a great fish oil gummy for kids, that is all natural and healthy and stuff.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

We do the xylitol-sweetened Animal Parade ones. I give DD#1 one a day because she's 3 and tiny at that (26 lbs.). I believe they are free from artificial colors.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like Rainbow Light Kids One. I give it to my son who just turned 4. They are a chewable tablet in a star shape so if you think your son could handle that it could be a good option.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
My naturopath put our picky allergenic 2-year-old on this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...dp/B0015R3E46. A half dose (one per day).

Another good one is Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries. They are gummies, but they don't have artificial colors or allergens. I also like that I can put his Vitamin D drop on the gummy. Nordic Naturals also makes a great fish oil gummy for kids, that is all natural and healthy and stuff.
This is what we do. They also don't have gelatin in them.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just Once - Kids' One Multistars
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
tmy237
Registered Users
seller

We take the Pure Matters kids multi vitamins & omega 3s.

Want to earn free gift cards? swagbucks ?
Find TinyLoveTreasures on Facebook
tmy237 is offline   Reply With Quote