Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Does anyone else feel...

like if you eat a speck of food or drink a drop of water then your morning sickness gets like a million times worse. I KNOW that I am dehydrated and I am taking my prenatals and hoping that is enough because I can't eat anything let alone keep it down. I had ms with both of my boys but it was never so bad that I started losing weight and couldn't keep anything down. Has anyone else been through this? what are you supposed to do?

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: Does anyone else feel...

no one?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
marilynloewen
Registered Users
Formerly: my2monkeys
seller

My Mood:

YES. I am feeling so gross all day, I have zero energy, I want to eat but nothing sounds appealing at all, just the thought of most things make me feel like I'm going to hurl. I force myself to eat two soda crackers in the morning and it works for a little while, small sips of gingerale calm my stomach a bit too. I can usually eat a little bit of supper, but have not been eating breakfast other than the crackers or lunch. Ugh, first trimester can hurry up and be over now! I was not sick like this at all with my first two.
Marilyn, mama of Colten 4/19/06 and Chase 9/25/08 FINALLY with #3! due at the end of May
marilynloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

I'm going through it now. I just keep trying to keep hydrated. If I throw up I wait about 5 mins and start trying to sip water again. I just keep trying all day. I've been having problems though. I ended up in the ER on friday and was so dehydrated they had to stick me 5x and then pump me with fluids. I've found a couple things that work for me though.

1: I bought dry gatorade mix. I have a water bottle that is about a quart. I fill it up with water and put a 1/4 of the powder in that I am suppose to. My dh told me too much straight gatorade isn't good for me but plain water makes me more sick so just a little bit of flavoring (even though it is barely there) helps it go down more. I try to just do little sips all the time.
2: I eat in small amounts often. For instance, this morning I had one bagel half with a little bit of pb on it. I cut it into fourths and eat it slowly over a half hr. Usually in an hour or two I toast and eat the other half. I eat like this all day. I pick at things and they are usually bland things. Peanut butter always goes down great for me. PB is one thing I can handle.

I think when your feeling like this your suppose to keep trying. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Last edited by Mommyto2B2G; 10-09-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can't hold fluids down for 24 hours, you need to go to the ER. Even if you can, but you're feeling dehydration symptoms like headaches and dizziness, you should call your doctor.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

ok thanks i have a doctors appt again tomorrow. do u think its safe to wait until then?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you're not feeling super horrible, it's probably okay. I'm the wrong person to ask though, I didn't work up the courage to go to the doctor until I needed two bags of fluids, because I'm scared of IVs. I hope things get better for you, I know this isn't fun at all.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I'm actually feeling a little better. My m/s is still there, but it's not NEARLY as bad as it has been the last few weeks. I've not pooped in a bit... THAT'S my biggest concern at this point. I know I am not drinking enough fluids, so I'm working on it. I eat very small amounts of food, several times a day. When I go overboard, that's when the sickness is the worst. I just had a handful of green bean fries, and I'll leave it at that until a bit before I leave for my dr. appt.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my first my MS was horrible. I just ate whatever I craved and only that (Even if it was horribly unhealthy) never something that sounded just "okay" it had to sound awesome.
Water was a no go. It always made me throw up. So I found different drinks I liked (tea, juice, soda, whatever sounded good that week) and drank slow small amounts at a time.
Unisom really helps, take 1/2-1 tablet every 4-6 hours, also a good B Vitamin. Im taking Rainbow Light complete prenatal system an it is great for helping morning sickness(B Vitamin, Ginger, Red Raspberry Leaf, Probiotics, Greens all in one)

Hope it goes away soon! And that your Dr will have good advice

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
leyash
Registered Users
seller

When I drink water, I make sure that 1/4 of it is gatorade. It tastes better, and I drink more of it. I can't do plain water. I just can't. That much nasty fluid in my stomach just makes the nausea worse. I can chug gatorade without a problem, because it tastes good... though sometimes I'll throw up anyway. Ugh.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote