Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blueberry Bamboo Flats

ugh! what a bummer! i got a dozen of the bamboo flats and havent had any issues either. im sure blueberry would replace them for you. they are very nice imo : )

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddess
OH NO! I have a package OTW too. I hope that doesn't happen to mine...but for $30 for 6, they should be better made!
It's starting to sound like my batch was an isolated incident, since no one else has had any problems. Hopefully just a bad batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13
ugh! what a bummer! i got a dozen of the bamboo flats and havent had any issues either. im sure blueberry would replace them for you. they are very nice imo : )
They already authorized the return and I shipped the flats back this afternoon. So they are very nice and quick to get the ball rolling. I'm just really disappointed in the number of returns of their products. This is my third return due to defective merchandise. I may just go back to Diaper Rite flats, though those bamboo flats WERE amazing, and no one else makes them like that. Everything else I see is fleece
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, Swaddlebees sent me a replacement pack of flats instead of refunding me. I washed them last night and sure enough, the serging came off three of them. And even right out of the package, you could see how poorly they were serged to begin with. The edges aren't straight on most of them, the stitch is wavy. Before I even washed them they looked like seconds instead of first quality. My mom offered to re-serge them for me but I didn't spent this much money (and time waiting) for a product in this condition.

So, these are going back and I'm requesting a refund. To kicker is that no one makes bamboo flats that aren't fleece. Swaddlebees/Blueberry is the only maker I've found (so far) that has the bamboo birdseye. :sad:
Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

You should be able to purchase a bamboo Birdseye online somewhere. Naturesfabrics or fabric.com maybe? I'd also try etsy.

If your mom can serge, and is willing to help out, itd be so much cheaper!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They responded this morning and are issuing a refund, and letting me keep the existing set of flats. Apparently their new manufacturer isn't working out too well. I'll have my mom fix these and then use the refund toward some WAHM flats, or just buy the fabric myself.