Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy UPDATE: NOT VIRUS..SEVERE GERDsIs it normal to have the stomach virus

Well, my DD threw up again last night. We were so worried as to what was wrong cause she had no fever and was eating and playing fine through the day. Just projectile vomit at night. I took her to the doctor today and we found out she has severe GERDs. She had it really bad as a baby. She was at Lebonur Hospital twice with it. Was on all kinds of meds and formulas. But at 8 months stopped spitting up, so we thought that was the end of it. Well, its back and its bad. She is horse with it and the projectile vomit. They have put her back on meds to see if it helps and I am changing up her diet and elevating her mattress some. A part of me wishes it was just a virus so it would be over with soon. Not knowing if or when she will be vomiting again is stressful. And it isn't just a little bit. Her whole days food comes out and her stomach empties. So we have to work to get that to stop or we will have issues with her growth. It is all kinda hitting me right now what we are going to be dealing with again. It was so hard when she was a baby. I wouldn't let to many people hold her cause I didn't want them to get spit up. And now its back.

I welcome any advice from mama's who have older kids with GERDs. She is 6 by the way.

My DD1 has thrown up twice tonight. But she is not really acting sick and is not running a fever. I thought at first it was cause she got to hot. Then when she tried to drink some water she did it again. But every time I take her temp it is normal and she isn't really acting sick. Kinda laughing and moving around fine. When I always got it as a kid I ran a high fever and got very lethargic. So I was wondering if she could still have the virus?

Advertisement

Last edited by LittleABC; 10-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
LittleABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Is it possible she had something that didn't agree with her?

I hope she's feeling better.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just had something like this make it's way through my house. Throwing up for several days each. No fever
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it normal to have the stomach virus and NOT run a fever??

I rarely run fevers. I can be sicker than a dog and not run a fever. I freaked the schools out a time or two as a kid when I'd get sick at school and my temp would be 97.7 (my natural temp). So some people just don't easily run fevers.

My kids don't take after me but they've had a bug a couple of times where they got sick but didn't act at all sick other than periodically stopping to puke. Couldn't get them to lay down and rest at all. We usually suspected possible food poisoning but could never figure out what could have caused it since we all had eaten the same foods.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am same as previous poster. I rarely run fevers. Strep, ear infection, etc no fever. DD's same way sort of she will run one quicker then me but usually doesn't.
Oh and when we run them it is high and we normally run in the 97's to.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
an_aurora
Registered Users

Totally normal. I don't think I've ever ran a fever when I've been sick to my stomach. The only time I remember my kids ever running a fever when vomiting is when my son had rotavirus.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
becky1231
Registered Users

My kids rarely ever run a fever when they are sick and if they do then I know they are really really sick.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ds3 just went through this...vomiting with no fever. She acted fine in between throwing up. Actually she did it over the course if a week and ended up being admitted to the hospital for dehydration. Just offer small amounts of fluids often.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I have some sort of stomach virus right now. No vomiting, but the *ahem* other issue, body aches, tired all the time, but no fever. It does happen. I suspect that's what my almost 5 year old had a week or so ago, she got sick exactly once, and seemed fussy and a bit tired, but no fever.

Stomach bugs in me tend to run towards diarrhea. Everyone else in the family gets it, they vomit. I get a bit nauseous, but I get the runs instead. Could be years of migraines that made me vomit, not really sure.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the previous posters, completely normal. I think no fever with stomach bug is equally as common as with a fever. Different virus do different things, and different kids respond differently to them as well.