Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Users
potty training fear

my DD is learning to use the potty now. i'm taking a very relaxed approach and not pushing her to do it, rather, just encouraging, rewarding, praising, etc. most of the time she'll pee in the potty or tell me she'll have to go without a problem. she won't poop in the toilet though. for a while she was waking up every morning and would have a bm in her diaper. almost like clockwork. then i told her that poopies go in the potty and that it's yucky to poop in her diaper. i dumped them out of her diaper and showed her they go in the potty so we can flush them away, which she was more than happy to do. a few times she pooped in her training pants and we would promptly go to the bathroom, dump it in the potty and i would again tell her that's where poopies go and she would flush them away. weeellllll . . . . . now she just won't poop!! she didn't go for 5 days and was in such a great deal of pain that i had to give her a suppository to help her get it out! that was 2 days ago and now she's just refusing to go again even though i can tell she needs to.
i think she's just afraid to poop on the potty for some reason, but now that i've told her pooping in her diaper is yucky, she won't do that either! how do i get her to overcome her fear of it and just go?

Trey&Shae is offline   Reply With Quote