Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diaper Cozies? Stupid idea?

I have been thinking about something for a while. I am not a seamstress so I have no plans to make it so I'm not putting it in the crafters section.

Mamas love printed fitteds and stalk and pay big bucks for them. Why not have a diaper cozy? It is not for absorption or to prevent leaks. Strictly to cuten up plain fitteds. Besides, don't most printed fitteds have less layers of bamboo/cotton than their plain sisters. I know all fitteds are different so chances are they would never be interchangable. I'm not even sure how it could be done but it can't be impossible.

Mamas, tell me why this is a dumb idea so I can stop thinking about it. Would people even want it? I mean it is strictly a cloth diaper "deuvet" so to speak. I know a cover does the same thing but PUL isn't always available in those cute prints.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading my rambled thoughts. I've been thinking about these for a while now.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K (11), Medium K (4) & Lil' k (12 mo)

Advertisement

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Cozies? Stupid idea?

i dont use fitteds but this sounds interesting.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think it is a cute idea. It could have a stretchy top kinda like yoga pants with the printed part just being like a sling so it could go over all diapers. Even plain PUL diapers or even sposie diapers.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't quite get it - is it like a pull on soaker, but doesn't absorb? So if the fitted was coverless with it over, wouldn't it just get wet? It seems to make more sense to just buy print fitteds and skip the extra step..unless I'm missing something.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I would like it!
disneylindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
I don't quite get it - is it like a pull on soaker, but doesn't absorb? So if the fitted was coverless with it over, wouldn't it just get wet? It seems to make more sense to just buy print fitteds and skip the extra step..unless I'm missing something.
It could be done with different types of fabric. Maybe even a thin fleece. Not really effective as a cover for going out but allowing maximum air flow. Yet still providing just a touch of protection for the coverless times. Then plain cotton ones for using over PUL covers or sposies. Particularly useful on hot days when you don't really want to use a lot of clothing but still want the appearance of being properly dressed.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-28-2012 at 05:34 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
Yes, it would get wet. It just becomes part of the diaper. I remember stalking diapers and getting so sad when I couldn't get the print I wanted. I am ashamed to admit even cried a few times. If I had a cozy so to speak, I could just put that over my GoodMama (using that as an example since that was my addiction and the diaper brand I would cry over) and use my switched or plain OBV. I also would only need my 24 diapers and however many cozies I wanted.

(this is just an idea, no plans haha). It just looks like the diaper but has reinforced holes that go over the snaps and become part of the diaper and stretcy top. It also could cover the exposed snaps on the inside. I guess it is a stupid idea. I just remember the heartbreak not getting that diaper I stalked for all day. (Underground GM) I paid a small fortune to get it off Spots Corner.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Like a fitted pocket diaper? I made a bamboo one for overnights and a whole bunch of birdseye weave ones out of GMD flats for camping, -with only 2 layers I can hand wash them really easy, but still have the leak free fitted style.

Stuffed with hemp doublers and a flat at night, it could get really big, but still fit around baby without leaks. It was quick to put on, had a much faster dry time, plus it was all natural fibers. It was a pain to stuff it full, but it was only for nights. They wash up so much better than thicker fitteds and dry super fast.

The ones I made for camping were even easier to wash and dry (smaller pieces to hand wash than a big flat), and were so much nicer to reach for on a busy day, with a squirmy toddler, than flats. I stuffed with a large insert made from a flat. It was double layer of birdseye, serged, and I folded it down to fit. They line dried only a touch longer than my flats hung flat to dry, but since I always folded my flats in half and laid over the rack/line to begin with to save space they had the same dry time.

I definitely think they would have a niche in a hang dry/handwash/have prefolds but want fitteds area, though I don't think they would be wildly popular. Certainly with all the awesome prints out there you could make an awesome stash of super cute pocket fitteds.

Last edited by rumblepurr; 11-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

A diaper duvet you could call what you are describing.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
A diaper duvet you could call what you are describing.
Exactly. Besides, how many cloth addicts get in trouble with our hubs for how many diapers we have? With this you could have 50 but only 24 diapers and a less mad husband. And nobody would have to pay tons of money for HTF prints in our fave brand.