Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Manderzthegr8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any husband CD addicts/lovers?

My hubby loves our CDs. He's an enabler when it comes to buying more and he talks them up to people too. I him

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hubby likes the environmental aspect of cloth, not having plastic on dds bum and I sure make him believe that we safe money
But he doesn`t actually change her diapers, I guess he would be a little overwhelmed by all my different systems (flats, fitteds, wool, hybrids...).
But that`s good, because I loooove diapering
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #33
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH is neutral about it. He will talk about cloth but he is more..."you'll save a lot of money" as opposed to the cute factor. His "favorite" are a red minky with black stripes and a green (lime) with dk green stripes. He calls them the snake (red) and reptile (green) diapers. He will also "match" the diaper to what she is wearing. (like when she wears a dress out of red bandanna material... he will put on her cow print diapers. )

I actually was thinking of buying an Albert print BG because he would love it! (He's a science geek) I think it would make a fun stocking stuffer for him.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I haven't been able to read everyone's comments yet, but today I heard eh on the phone with my MiL. They were talking about our Christmas visit next month. All I hear is " we can't torture Zaide like that! Have you FELT those disposables?" Apparently His mom offered to buy a pack of diapers for the trip. I had to LOL!

Edit:
I also forgot that he wrote one of his college papers on the benefits of cloth diapers. And while he doesn't enable me to buy more, he never tells me I shouldn't get more diaper making supplies.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 11-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.
theonenonlymrssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #35
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH is by no means an addict, he could care less..but, he prefers cloth OVER sposies, has been on board since day 1, and lets me buy all the fluff I want..so I can't complain
I think the only comment I got that would be nearing CD addict status was "oh my gosh he looks so cute in that wool!" (in his new disana cover )

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 11-29-2012 at 07:59 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon View Post
Yes! Mine knows as much as I do (almost(-: )!! All the names, colors, how to wash, etc.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness

My DH only knows what prefolds are. The other ones are:
"the ones that need a cover"
"the ones that don't need a cover"
"the ones that don't need a cover but you pull out the thingy"
"the ones that you have to fold"
No way would he know brands
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocene
When I was pregnant and building our stash, he didn't quite get why I wanted to use diapers I had to wash. Then he started to research a bit with me and was shocked at how gross sposies are! He took to using cloth like a pro when our baby was born.

Once we were at a friends birthday BBQ when our baby was about 4 months old. I was sitting around the camp fire with my girlfriends and we could all see my DH through the living room window holding up a BGE and an Easy fit to a circle full of his friends. We couldn't hear what they were all saying, but my husband was demonstrating and showcasing the diapers. All of his friends seemed really interested, they even passed them around the circle. They were loving it. It was hilarious, all the wives outside were laughing so hard. (We are the first of our friends to have a baby - so watching 6 childless 24 year olds admiring diapers was shocking and wonderful!)

He doesn't wash diapers, or put them away - he knows I like doing that. But he will match LO's diapers to his outfit, or request a certain print.
Lol, this sounds like my DH! He comes to me with ideas for "the perfect diaper" and says things like "when we start our own diaper company..." It's hilarious!

He took a friend's wife around our local cd store and explained all the different kind, recommended his favorites, and was really into it. Now he demands certain diapers that we should get more of, insists on only side snapping dipes and his favorite prints (he was terribly upset we couldn't get a cow print Simplex in BF) and always asks where "his diapers" are (AIOs).

To be fair he has been equally excited about babywearing and is getting a green Manduca with the proceeds of our latest diaper sales
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
Jnoel717
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH is so proud that we use cloth and that I am very crunchy granola with our son. He doesn't care which diapers we use, as long as we're not spending hundreds of dollars on disposables that will end up in a landfill. As for packages, I am the one who checks the mail and I don't spend a lot of our cash on new fluff without selling off other things first.
Jnoel717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #39
jills_mama
Registered Users

Just wanted to say you're one lucky Mama!
jills_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #40
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocene
When I was pregnant and building our stash, he didn't quite get why I wanted to use diapers I had to wash. Then he started to research a bit with me and was shocked at how gross sposies are! He took to using cloth like a pro when our baby was born.

Once we were at a friends birthday BBQ when our baby was about 4 months old. I was sitting around the camp fire with my girlfriends and we could all see my DH through the living room window holding up a BGE and an Easy fit to a circle full of his friends. We couldn't hear what they were all saying, but my husband was demonstrating and showcasing the diapers. All of his friends seemed really interested, they even passed them around the circle. They were loving it. It was hilarious, all the wives outside were laughing so hard. (We are the first of our friends to have a baby - so watching 6 childless 24 year olds admiring diapers was shocking and wonderful!)

He doesn't wash diapers, or put them away - he knows I like doing that. But he will match LO's diapers to his outfit, or request a certain print.
Awesome!
My dh is a cloth advocate too