Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Add doubler to interlock longies.

I recently bought a pair of used interlock Longies for my baby. I'm just realizing she needs an extra layer in the wet zone. Has anyone ever added a hammock style doubler to already made Longies? Any tips?

Advertisement

Last edited by Cdra; 10-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Cdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
jessreichenbach
**DO NOT B/S/T WITH THIS USER***

My Mood:
Re: Add doubler to interlock longies.

I actually just did this this morning! I made my little guy a pair of longies a while back that were getting next to no use so this morning i cut a sling style/hammock style doubler out of some of my good 95/5 wool just measure the rise from waist seam to waist seam (inside out witha measuring tape) and then cut an hour glass shape.
Sew it on with the longies inside out, and waist band folded down inside so that the seam is at the top.
Center the back of the doubler and sew it on along the waist seam, keeping the raw edge and waist seam edge even
pulling the front of the double between the legs and up to the front, center it, and sew just as you did the back.
flip it all rightside out and your done.
You could serge it to if you wanted, mine was just kinda thick and I didn't feel like fighting with my serger.
I could try and take a pic if youd likE? they're freshly lanolized and air drying right now
Trainers
Diaper making Business liquidation
jessreichenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessreichenbach
I actually just did this this morning! I made my little guy a pair of longies a while back that were getting next to no use so this morning i cut a sling style/hammock style doubler out of some of my good 95/5 wool just measure the rise from waist seam to waist seam (inside out witha measuring tape) and then cut an hour glass shape.
Sew it on with the longies inside out, and waist band folded down inside so that the seam is at the top.
Center the back of the doubler and sew it on along the waist seam, keeping the raw edge and waist seam edge even
pulling the front of the double between the legs and up to the front, center it, and sew just as you did the back.
flip it all rightside out and your done.
You could serge it to if you wanted, mine was just kinda thick and I didn't feel like fighting with my serger.
I could try and take a pic if youd likE? they're freshly lanolized and air drying right now
That sounds super easy. A pic of the seams would be nice. I don't have a server so I would skip that part. Does interlock fray? I'm iso a few scrap pieces and have never seen it the raw edges.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
jessreichenbach
**DO NOT B/S/T WITH THIS USER***

My Mood:

The edges get a little fuzzy but mine has never unraveled, you could zigzag the edge just in case, wouldn't do any harm! I'll try to snap a pic this afternoon!
Trainers
Diaper making Business liquidation
jessreichenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
SootheBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is a tutorial (someone else's - not mine) for how to add a wetzone with pics.

http://cottontailbabies.org/2010/11/...gies-tutorial/
SootheBaby is offline   Reply With Quote