Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #41
mamamanya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Families of 7 - what do you drive?

We drive a 2011 suburban. LOVE IT!

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #42
starbright1234
Registered Users
seller

We are looking at a Suburban or a Sequoia. We need 4-wheel drive.
starbright1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #43
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

our dodge caravan worked for dh, myself, 4 teens and a little. now we have a family of 8, 2 in carseats and have an old villager....we can't all go places now (only have the 7 pass van) and really, only my skinniest 2 kids can sit in very back with the 2 car seats for a short time. I had a 12 pass sized chevy express (it only had seating for 8) and I loved it...so much cargo space and the seats were very roomy
Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #44
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our family of seven drives a seven-passenger Honda Odyssey. We have five car seats in it, three Radians across the back. I don't know what we'll do if we have another, either find an eight-passenger Odyssey or move up to a full-size van. I really don't want a bigger car.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #45
RJ6Mommy
Registered Users
seller

We are a family od 8 and have a Honda van also.
Erin married to Justin since 3/2/02 , EBF, CDing, BWing, vaxing, SAHM to 7 Kids, 6 on earth and 1 in heaven. Ruben James 9/10/99 , Robert Justin 10/5/02 , Rebecca Joy 12/5/03 , Raychel Jolee 3/30/05 , **Russell Jack RIP 12/14/06**, Rylan Josiah 7/3/08 , Ramsee Jayce 4/24/11
RJ6Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #46
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For those who have Odysseys or another type of min-van with captain seats. How if access into the 3rd row with rear facing carseats? It would probably be Diaono and an infant seat until it is 2 Dianos
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #47
lovinmyben
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are a family of 7 and drive an Odyssey. Seats up to 8. I love it, we had a caravan but traded in for this cause of the xtra seat. It is a wonderful vehicle and has so many standard safety features.
lovinmyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #48
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

family of 7 here and drive a ford flex. we have two radian carseats in row 2 and two in the back (back row only has 2 seats).

our teenager sits in the third seat in the middle row and our two RF car seats are in row 2...i want to upgrade to diono/radian..

the only thing i dont like is that we have no room for anyone extra. the cargo space is half the size as an odyssey (i wanted the odyssey but hubs is anti minivan for whatever reason...oy.), and the latch connectors are in weird places...it's not really made for families with lots of littles...

we used to have an expedition and i loved the way it handled, but it was a pain to load in and out of...but now our bigger kids can do their own buckles and that makes it a bit easier in the flex...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #49
klynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are a family of 6, but all four of our kids are in car seats. We have a Toyota Sienna that seats 8. We have large carseats, but I think if you had smaller ones you could get 3 across the back. Right now you can sit between my boys (one carseat, one full size booster) in the back, but it wouldn't be comfortable for a long trip. The girls (twins) are rear facing in the 2nd row captains chairs. Then there is a third seat that snaps in between the captains chairs, but with the armrests it is uncomfortable for an adult. We've never tried to take them off, maybe you could. This works best for day to day use because I have to buckle in 3/4 of them and putting the infant seats in over the captains chairs would be really hard. We have rearranged and had 8 - 4 kids and 4 adults, but I don't know that it would be ideal. 2 adults in the back with one carseat in the middle - a bit squished. Both rear facing carseats still in the captains chairs and the booster in the clip in chair between.

The best part about this van though is the storage. We had to evacuate from wildfires this fall and I took everything I needed and then some for 3+ weeks and packed it all in the cargo space and could still see out the back window. A stroller, pack'n play, 2 small high chairs plus suitcases and more!

We are also quite large people and this van has the best space for adults in the front, good leg room even with rear facing carseats behind and really good head room (my husband is 6'5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
For those who have Odysseys or another type of min-van with captain seats. How if access into the 3rd row with rear facing carseats? It would probably be Diaono and an infant seat until it is 2 Dianos
You could do this, but you would most likely have to slide the captains chairs forward every time to get the car seats in. Or if there wasn't a carseat in the captains chair perhaps you could just fold it forward, but otherwise I don't think you could get an infant seat in the back without moving something every time.
klynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a 2005 Chevy Venture. It has 6 seats in the back, we are expectin baby #6 in January. Unfortunately the middle seats only have a lapbelt so we have to use carseats in there, which is fine now since we will still have 3 in carseats, 2 in boosters and one in just the seatbelt. I would love something bigger for when dh is driving and we are going away but I don't think I would feel comfortable driving anything bigger than a minivan. It is hard to fine minivans to fit and then I feel bad we can never take the kids friends places but that's what happens when you have a big family
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote