Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #31
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I feel like my arms are restricted in a coat, even worse if I'm accidentally sitting in the back of the coat. That's why I don't like to wear one while driving.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #32
VitaW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: argh!!!! some people!!!!

So glad I don't have to worry about this. I constantly readjust my sons carseat straps anyway, each time I put home in the car. It's just easier to get his arms into the straps and buckle them loose and then tighten.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #33
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
If you have to thread it through the sleepsack I've seen them here, and they're still not safe. heck I have one. The test is this - put baby in car seat with the item and tighten up until snug. Then without loosening straps, remove baby and item and put baby back in without it. If you'd have to tighten the straps again then it's too thick, reroutes the straps too much or both. Bundlemes and bunting bags are horrible.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
the one we had was the same with or without. was from mamas and papas in the UK, got it in 2005, no idea the name of it but was quite cool. full zips so the padding didn't mess with the straps.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #34
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
And never mind that the car seat manuals themselves ALL talk about not bundling baby up in heavy/thick coats.
What car seat manuals? I have had four different car seats over the years (Peg Perego bucket, AOE, TrueFit and Britax Frontier) and NONE of them mention coats in the manual. I've checked, looking for support.

ETA: Actually I checked again and the Britx manual says it. The True Fit one does not. I'm thinking I checked before I had the Britax actually. Glad I have it in the manual though! Good to know.

Last edited by kaimon; 10-14-2012 at 06:34 AM.
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimon

What car seat manuals? I have had four different car seats over the years (Peg Perego bucket, AOE, TrueFit and Britax Frontier) and NONE of them mention coats in the manual. I've checked, looking for support.

ETA: Actually I checked again and the Britx manual says it. The True Fit one does not. I'm thinking I checked before I had the Britax actually. Glad I have it in the manual though! Good to know.
I just checked my manual out of curiosity. We have the alpha omega and it doesn't say anything about coats either :-(

I think this is something that should be included in all manuals.