Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/o How often do you change

I change at every pee and poop. I don't think anyone would like sitting around in a wet diaper. I also think it's proper hygeine to take off a wet diaper. My kids have always peed, usually, once every 2-3 hours. We cloth BTW, and do EC when we're at home (but cloth at night and when we're out).

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
We use cloth during the day and one, maybe 2 disposables overnight. DD is 16 months and I probably.change about every 1.5-2 hours. Most of the time her diapers don't even feel wet, but I'm a spazz about frequent changes. She sleeps through the night in a disposable but will wake up if she is really wet, and then she gets changed and rocked back to sleep.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
I wonder... I use fitteds and other diapers that don't contain a stay dry area, does that make a difference to you (general you)?
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

i change as needed. i dont have a set time spane when i do.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I use prefolds, flats, and fitteds. Even if my son peed hourly no way do I have time to change hourly. Not to mention my son doesn't like diaper changes. Unless he poops I is generally every 2-3 hours. As a newborn we did change hourly. If we had changed with every pee it would have been every 20-30 minutes. He would out soak any diaper we put on him and poop every hour.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use sposies at night, cloth during the day. I change probably every two hours, more if she poops or leaks or I think she's wet. At night, I change each time she wakes up (unless it's back to back in the same hour) usually 2-3 times. She's one.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
Every 2-3 hours or when poopy. If I changed every pee that would be all that would get done in a day. With 3 kids and a house to clean and meals to cook, it's just not going to happen nor do I think it's necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
I change at every pee and poop. I don't think anyone would like sitting around in a wet diaper. I also think it's proper hygeine to take off a wet diaper. My kids have always peed, usually, once every 2-3 hours. We cloth BTW, and do EC when we're at home (but cloth at night and when we're out).
But some kids pee way more frequently and I have had up to 3 in diapers at a time with 2 being frequent peers, every pee would literally be like the first quote said with nothing else getting done. Poopy always got changed immediately and when I had several in diapers I just checked all of them when I checked the baby every 2-3 hours unless something alerted me. Many people only change a sposie when it is hanging to the knees, 2 or 3 times a day.

Last edited by joyful mother; 10-11-2012 at 06:02 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I change by the clock unless I hear or smell poop, or feel wetness. So, every 2 hours. In cloth or in sposies.

I sure wouldn't be saving money with sposies.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae
I was reading all these posts about how sposies can be cheaper than cloth.... All I can think to myself is "no way unless your not changing often". I change every pee and/or poo which at 21.5mo means an absolute minimum of 1x an hr during the day but only one diaper at night. Is it normal to wait or change right away?

Eta: my mom thinks its weird I change every time cause "they can hold more"
I didn't realize when using sposies, but we'd leave then on for 3-4 hours, until they looked "full" once past the nb stage. I just didn't know better.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #20
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
But some kids pee way more frequently and I have had up to 3 in diapers at a time with 2 being frequent peers, every pee would literally be like the first quote said with nothing else getting done. Poopy always got changed immediately and when I had several in diapers I just checked all of them when I checked the baby every 2-3 hours unless something alerted me. Many people only change a sposie when it is hanging to the knees, 2 or 3 times a day.
Yes I get that, I was just giving my opinion. My kids would break out in a rash if I would let them sit in pee for long, so I just find it more sanitary to change them at every pee. Usually it was just the insert as no pee would get on the cover and I didn't find it to take me too long to where I wouldn't have time (would take maybe 2 minutes, if that).
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote