Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/o How often do you change

We use cloth and I change my son every 1.5-2 hours usually, during the day. At night I change him once if he wakes up to nurse. He usually goes through 8-10 diapers in 24 hours.

Advertisement

BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
Every 2-3 hours or when poopy. If I changed every pee that would be all that would get done in a day. With 3 kids and a house to clean and meals to cook, it's just not going to happen nor do I think it's necessary.

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every couple of hours, at the most - four (when he naps or is just not peeing as much). No way I could keep up with every single pee, I would just change diapers all day. My son is almost two and he HATES diaper changes. He outgrew all his cloth a few months ago, so for us, sposies (WalMart brand) are cheaper than making a whole new larger-size stash.

When he was an infant we would change him every hour or hour and a half. Just depends. And obviously, he gets changed as soon as he poops.

Last edited by blessed1018; 10-11-2012 at 06:31 PM.
blessed1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

All my kids fussed when wet, so I would change at every pee, even in disposables. So, yeah, changing every hour would get very expensive in disposables. Not to mention that cheap disposables made my kids break out in horrible rashes, so we couldn't even us cheap ones.
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #25
NaplesMom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I change him every hour to hour and a half or so--sooner if I think he is wet. I absolutely HATE being wet (think bathing suit etc) so I am super OCD when it comes to keeping him dry.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #26
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Yes I get that, I was just giving my opinion. My kids would break out in a rash if I would let them sit in pee for long, so I just find it more sanitary to change them at every pee. Usually it was just the insert as no pee would get on the cover and I didn't find it to take me too long to where I wouldn't have time (would take maybe 2 minutes, if that).
Sorry to offend you. I was just mentioning this as I once was a young mom and would feel bad when I heard/read others referring to what I did as wrong. I figure there could be a mom who like me have had frequent peers and they shouldn't feel bad that they couldn't seem to keep up and their kids buts are doing fine with what they are doing. I did have one child who could not handle wet for very long at all. Luckily he was my only one in diapers at the time (older 3 were potty trained) I had him without a cover and because he was my velcro baby I knew immediately when he peed. It was not a decision based on sanitary but for his personal health needs. He also got a rash from a wet shirt from drool, so we had rubber backed bibs on him that we changed frequently. Every mom needs to do what is best for her family without being made to feel they are unsanitary or dirty.

Last edited by joyful mother; 10-11-2012 at 06:46 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #27
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
Every mom needs to do what is best for her family without being made to feel they are unsanitary or dirty.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #28
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+3 View Post
Well we do EC so she's often naked sitting on a blanket. She goes pee every 45min or so on the potty and poops once a day. That'd be a lot of diapers! I use diapers for naps and when we're out and go through maybe 3-6 in a day.
us too, or he is coverless, so I change him with every single pee even if it's barely wet. So, if I am not good at getting him on the potty, at 4 1/2 mo, he could go thru 12 diaps a day
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I change diapers as needed. When they were itty bitty that would be every hour or so because they peed more often. I will admit when I just had 1 baby I was more on top of noticing when they peed. I didn't intentionally leave them in a wet diaper but I didn't always notice every little pee either.

As toddlers my kids all have easilly gone 2-4 hours between peeing. So I change as needed. Sometimes that is only 3-4 diapers in one day some days more.

So for baby stage, no way could I make sposies be cheaper. The first couple of months I would easily do more than a dozen diapers a day. But by toddlerhood I could see sposies vs cloth being a toss up for expense. Starting a stash might not be worth it (expense wise) if you have a kid who is good at holding pee and doesn't need a lot of diapers. People who are awesome with coupons might be able to all but get diapers for free so maybe there are people who can do dirt cheap sposies and cloth might not be the cheaper option for them.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

We also change every 2-3 hours unless I notice they are dirty. Sometimes I go to change DD thinking, "omg her diaper must be LOADED!" (as in super wet) ... and it's bone dry. Other times, I think "I JUST changed her, I'm sure she's fine." Then I pick her up and her diaper is totally full.

We just do what works for us. I don't clock watch.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote