Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any one else not expected to go full term?

I am having a bit of a hard time with this pregnancy, both physically and emotionally.

Physically I am miserable. Well, maybe not as plagued by unpleasant symptoms as some of you, but it has sucked a lot so far. Extreme fatigue and general feeling like crap constantly. I feel maybe I was lucky or something with my first pregnancy, because I pretty much felt fine.

I am normally an active, do-anything type of person and this is really hard on me that I can't feel or act normal.

Emotionally I am irritable, worrisome, and moody. I am having a hard time adjusting to not doing things that I could last time. I normally never have worries about things that are out of my control, but I constantly worry about the health of this baby.

I am also distressed because my midwife is concerned I may deliver early again. I have only had 1 baby, I hardly think that constitutes a track record. I want and desperately need to feel like that was a fluke and that I am a normal, healthy person who can and will carry a baby full term. I even had 3 doulas turn me down because of my "history."

I am already on 4 supplements/treatments to prevent preterm labor! Ugh! I want to feel and be treated normal! The latest addition being progesterone...which I finally gave into because after 2 1/2 days of a headache my mw says it is most likely caused by too much estrogen.

Sorry if this was a lot to read, I just really need to vent and get these feelings off of my chest.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: Any one else not expected to go full term?

So sorry you are going through that. I totally understand, you could have described me (except the early labor part). I am usually the get out every day and do something type and I feel like I'm on bed rest some days. It is getting better but still, not great, at 13 wks this Saturday.

My OB is treating me normally basically, and they are VBAC friendly and encouraging about it, but TBH I am not overly optomistic and they don't seem to be either. With DS. I developed severe pre-e at the end (38 wks) and to complicate it, it was HELLP syndrome which is the worst case pre-e, so I didn't even have the option of induction, etc. I had to have an emergency c-section and it was a scary experience for us. We were put on the high risk floor and everything. DS was healthy, and I came out ok as well, but it's scary to know that we were so lucky last time that he was 8 lbs 15 oz and it didn't happen until the end of the pregnancy. Whereas this time, I am nervous about my blood pressure all the time! I had full blown pre-e, so lots of other symptoms, but my BP was the first thing to sky rocket as well as horrific headaches throughout the whole pregnancy. I already get occasional headaches now that I'm pregnant again, so it's nerveracking to think about a premie. Or worse, not even make it that long!

I'm sorry they are treating you as such a high risk already, I know that's hard!
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That would be frustrating. I honestly can't see why she's so sure about you going early - I mean, I understand that you had one early baby (from your post, hope I'm reading that right), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for this time around!

Try not to stress about that, think about and picture yourself getting to full term. Right now you're doing everything you can to help that happen, and that's really all you can do.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So sorry you feel icky! I will say that my 1st pregnancy I hardly felt pregnant at all in a lot of ways. My 2nd I had morning sickness, and when that went away I work up every morning with heartburn for the next 6 months. I felt AWFUL compared to my first pregnancy. Now my 3rd is at least as bad as the 2nd, maybe worse.

I really hope you make it to term mama!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your replies. It's just really hard to stay positive all the time. Especially while you're poppin' four pills with lunch.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo
Thanks for your replies. It's just really hard to stay positive all the time. Especially while you're poppin' four pills with lunch.
My 1st pregnancy I took 6 a day. It was awful. I tried to focus on the beautiful baby I would have when it was over
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote