Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
Feedback on NB Stash

We were *definitely* only having 2 kids , so I am starting from scratch with this baby. Last time, my NB stash consisted of KL0s, as well as some NB Mutts, Bamboo BGs, and used Thirsties Duos covers. Also had some XS FBs. We liked the KL0s the best, the Mutts were okay, the BGs fit great right at the beginning, but the absorbency left quite a bit to be desired. Loved the Thirsties covers. I wasn't crazy about the XS FBs, as they always leaked out the sides on my side-sleeping babe.

This time, I want to try wool, but will also have a few PUL covers on hand. Also trying to keep this stash relatively simple/affordable and one that will last until the baby is big enough to fit into my one-size stash.

So far, I have:
1 dozen Orange GMD Workhorses with small doublers
1 dozen KL0s
7 XS BG AIOs (thinking about selling these, poor absorbency?)
2 pair NB/Small wool longies

I am thinking I'll still need:
another dozen fitteds (maybe either another dozen WHs or 6KL0s/6WHs?)
another 2-3 pair of longies
2-3 Thirsties Duos covers

Does anyone have any feedback on using mostly Workhorses (& doublers) with covers/wool? What about other affordable NB fitteds? Any other covers that are comparable to the Duos that I should try out?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feedback on NB Stash

Can you add a doubler to your BG?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Caz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We sold all of our NB diapers after #2 since we were "definitely done". I suppose if I found some on FSOT I could get them and use a doubler, though! It's been a few years since they made them (pretty sure they were d/c when I was pg w/DD), I wonder how often they pop up on FSOT and what sort of condition they're in...
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I thought it said you already had the BG xs and were thinking about selling them because they were not absorbent enough.

I didn't love anything I had for my last baby. The Nanas Bottoms were too small, the Swaddlebees (I don't think they make these anymore) fit OK, but the elastic went out after about 2 weeks of use. The Thirsties covers were so bulky and never fit right. PF were OK, but in general I just don't like PF's. We used a lot of Pampers until my small sized stash and one sized BG pockets fit.

This time I'm trying a lot of different things. I have a post on the Extra Fluffy section with my NB stash on it. I'm hoping I will like what I have this time since I was disappointed with everything last time.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I thought it said you already had the BG xs and were thinking about selling them because they were not absorbent enough.

I didn't love anything I had for my last baby. The Nanas Bottoms were too small, the Swaddlebees (I don't think they make these anymore) fit OK, but the elastic went out after about 2 weeks of use. The Thirsties covers were so bulky and never fit right. PF were OK, but in general I just don't like PF's. We used a lot of Pampers until my small sized stash and one sized BG pockets fit.

This time I'm trying a lot of different things. I have a post on the Extra Fluffy section with my NB stash on it. I'm hoping I will like what I have this time since I was disappointed with everything last time.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Caz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Whoops, no, you're right! I was thinking about the Bamboo BGs, not the AIOs (in my mind I guess I've already sold them, LOL!). That is an idea, though, I honestly hadn't thought of putting doublers in the AIOs since they don't have a pocket and are stay-dry, but since the rest of my stash isn't stay-dry, it really doesn't matter now, does it!?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
dannic
Registered Users

If you get more workhorses, maybe get the yellows?
I have xs sandys as well. I also have nb simplexes. I will hopefully have reivews soon...I am 41 wks today, lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
Caz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
If you get more workhorses, maybe get the yellows?
I have xs sandys as well. I also have nb simplexes. I will hopefully have reivews soon...I am 41 wks today, lol.
That's a good idea, too... do you know when they typically start to fit? My babies have both been 7.6/7.7lbs and 21in, so they tend to be long and lean.

ETA: Congrats and best wishes for a speedy labor and recovery!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
dannic
Registered Users

I know the orange to to 10 lbs... can't recall the yellow except they're the next step up. You have sweet littles, though, so maybe that would work better for you. I have 8-9lbers, so was going on that. (And who knows what this one will be, lol.)
THe thing I've heard about the bg aios is that they have a tall rise so don't nec. fit well before the stump is off and then many babes have outgrown absorbancy. I have two, mainly because I couldn't resist the albert, and I also got one as a freebie. We'll see...people also like tots bots as well.

Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
Lauren1041
Registered Users
seller

I hear great things about the tots bots for newborns. I love kl0 too. I'd probably stick with those or prefolds.
Lauren1041 is offline   Reply With Quote