Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Chamomile tea?

I am a tea drinker. I love love love sweet iced tea, which I had to mostly give up when I found out I was pregnant. Been thinking about drinking some caffeine free hot teas as a way to relax in the evenings. I bought a sampler pack of celestial seasonings herbal teas. It has peppermint, lemon zinger, and several different chamomile flavors. Then I got home and started googling and came up with some conflicting results concerning the safety of chamomile during pregnancy. Some sources said avoid it, others suggested it as a great way to help bring on the sleep. Do any of y'all know anything about chamomile either way? I plan to ask my mw at my appointment Thursday but was curious if anybody could tell me anything before then...

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I avoid it, but I also avoid peppermint because it can aggravate heartburn. I pretty much stick to red raspberry leaf tea from Traditional Medicinals. It tastes like black tea and is good for toning the uterus.

ETA: if you brew red raspberry lea tea nice and strong, then chill it, it tastes like "real" iced tea. You can enjoy your sweet iced tea

Last edited by Leiiki; 10-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
I avoid it, but I also avoid peppermint because it can aggravate heartburn. I pretty much stick to red raspberry leaf tea from Traditional Medicinals. It tastes like black tea and is good for toning the uterus.

ETA: if you brew red raspberry lea tea nice and strong, then chill it, it tastes like "real" iced tea. You can enjoy your sweet iced tea
Yay! I'm going to try it! Found the tea bags buy 1 box get 1 50% off on the GNC website. Question: do you drink it throughout the whole pregnancy? Some stuff I read said to wait until after the first trimester.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I drank it throughout TTC and onward. I believe it's the stronger RRL tincture that is recommended only in late pregnancy.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
There are conflicting reports about almost ALL herbal anything during use in pregnancy. This is because they are not well tested. However, find a herbal book/ source you trust. I trust Mountain Rose herbs, Wise Woman's herbal, Aviva Romm and Rosemary Gladstar for starters. Chamomile should be fine during pregnancy unless you have specific allergies. RRL, peppermint, lemon balm, lavender are all perfectly safe from my research in a normal, healthy pregnancy.

I am a huuuuuuge tea drinker and herb user and there are very few herbs that I have cut out from my tea drinking.