Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

We can't do sposies for more than a day so I have to travel with cloth. If it's 3-4 days or less, I just take my usual stash and wash when I get home. If I'll be washing there then I take flats. We use an XL MFD wet bag at home anyway so I bring those to store them in, plus our smaller ones for little outings while there.

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

We tried sposies and also bio liner type things in Flips and Grovia, but the easiest I've found, and will do again is two dozen flats folded in Flip covers and a couple Sandy's for night. Just bringing two small and two large wetbags.

Next week I'm flying with ds for the first time but I'm meeting DH at the other end so he's going to have all the diapers in the car and we'll just leave them at my moms place till Xmas so I don't have to worry about the next few visits. Luckily I have enough flats to pull this off and other diapers at home!
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: do you travel with cloth?

After spending the money on cloth my husband said he would have me committed if I even seriously suggested using sposies.

I just put them in wet bags and wash like usual. I bought some bigger wet bags for use as travel wet bags. My one big one holds a days worth of diapers. My smaller ones each hold half a days worh of diapers. I think once I did go 5 days without washing. I made sure to do an extra wash and extra rinse. All my diapers came out just fine. I did have to do 2 loads as no way was my washer going to hold that many dirty diapers. Usually I wash every 3 days.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The last time my son was in disposables, he was 3 months old.
I've done a few road trips... and my longest time away from home was five days. I was staying with a friend who let me use her washing machine.
Other times, I've just washed when I got home.
I like the Flips and prefolds/flats while out. I do, however, use flushable liners with poo because the thought of poop sitting around and festering for a few days made me kinda queasy.

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
kaysmomma
Registered Users
seller

We just got back from a trip to Florida and we used cloth the whole time we were there. For the car ride there and back we used gDiaper disposable inserts. I would have used cloth during the car ride but someone we went with insisted the car would smell like dirty diapers and I just didn't feel like arguing about it.
kaysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

We prefer to travel with our cloth. The first time we went out of town we used sposies and I regretted it the whole time. We kept getting leaks. I think I wasn't getting them tight enough because I was used to using snaps on our dipes.

I have a pretty small stash, so weekend trips are no problem to travel with cloth. I just make sure we have our if wet bag. If visiting family I can wash at their house no problem. And for our beach trip there was a washer in the condo, so that was great. We have to use sposies for overnight, so I do out her in a sposie for the car ride since we have them anyway. Carseat compression always gets us on long car rides if we use our pockets.

We are doing a week at Disney World in June. We will most likely use sposies for that trip. I just am not willing to take the time out of our trip to hang out in the laundry facilities for hours

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey<3Gavin
We are doing a week at Disney World in June. We will most likely use sposies for that trip. I just am not willing to take the time out of our trip to hang out in the laundry facilities for hours
I've been thinking about this because I hope to go next year with our Disney Vacation Club Membership (money's been too tight so we've just been renting out our points ) and we can't do sposies the whole time due to sensitivities. Depending on how long you're staying, you'll probably do a day or half a day at the hotel to rest or play in the pool. The hotels typically have wash facilities at the pool so diapers could be washing while everyone hangs out at the pool! That's my plan anyway.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do, but I really don't enjoy it in all honesty.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Short trips are really no different than home for us. We just came home from a long weekend away using Flips with flats and prefolds.

We are going to the Dominican Republic in December for a week and we will be using sposies. No wash facilities and I'm not willing to have dipes sit dirty for 8 days. I don't have enough flats for hand washing ... And I'm not interested either.

Mama to a small little Bean [b. 4.2.12]
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I do not travel with cloth if it is an overnight or longer. Day trips I will take cloth. But if hubby is with us I use disposables, he much prefers disposables when traveling.