Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
JKCCart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: do you travel with cloth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
After spending the money on cloth my husband said he would have me committed if I even seriously suggested using sposies.

I just put them in wet bags and wash like usual. I bought some bigger wet bags for use as travel wet bags. My one big one holds a days worth of diapers. My smaller ones each hold half a days worh of diapers. I think once I did go 5 days without washing. I made sure to do an extra wash and extra rinse. All my diapers came out just fine. I did have to do 2 loads as no way was my washer going to hold that many dirty diapers. Usually I wash every 3 days.

Hilarious! I was the one who was hell-bent on not having any sposies with our first child. But this last baby we only spent $300 on her entire get-up, so I can justify it a little more when she needs to use sposies for therapy time, or overnight, as I can't STAND amonia pee diapers, and I've tried every trick in the book, I think. Let me know if you have a trick!

Jessica

Advertisement

Jessica wife to Kevin 12/05 mama to Christopher 12/06 our sweet baby LEVI in heaven July 17th, 2008 Hope July 17th, 2009 and Sahara Grace CHRIST FOLLOWER, BREASTFEEDING, BABY WEARING, CLOTH EVERYTHING MAMA
JKCCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
JKCCart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was also going to add--I do a LOT of traveling, but I never really feel like wasting that carry on space for cloth. That is my only complaint about traveling with cloth--I hate the amount of S P A C E it takes up. I sure wish it was more practical. But I've traveled with them a lot, and I just do what the others said--take the pail liners as wetbags and put them in the back of the car. When I stop, I change her in the back of the car and toss the dirty duds in the bag. Wash when we arrive.
Jessica wife to Kevin 12/05 mama to Christopher 12/06 our sweet baby LEVI in heaven July 17th, 2008 Hope July 17th, 2009 and Sahara Grace CHRIST FOLLOWER, BREASTFEEDING, BABY WEARING, CLOTH EVERYTHING MAMA
JKCCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
DevotedAuntie
Registered Users

We don't travel a lot but when we do we always stick with cloth. We've gone on a couple of overnight trips and I always just throw it all in a bag and wash when I get home. A couple of weeks ago we went on a 4 day trip from Indiana to Idaho to pick up my daughter stopping overnight once on the way there and once on the way back. I only have a small wetbag so what I did was take a big waterproof zippered pillow cover. I put the poopy ones in plastic bags before putting them in because I didn't rinse until we stopped at the hotel. I did have to wash at the hotel on the way back because I was running out of diapers but other than that it was not any extra work (and honestly it was kind of nice to sit by myself and read while they washed)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DS Forum
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

When there is a washer/dryer available (like staying at our in-laws for a week), then yes.

If we are on a long road trip, not always. I found the carseat to cause compression leaks as my DD got close to age 2.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, we have always one cloth. My DH thinks I'm nuts but it really isn't any more work. I bought a hanging wet bag (we use a pail at home) an we always use disposable wipes when we're out of the house. I love our Rumparooz hanging wet bag! We use Flips and Capris w/Flip organic inserts. We usually only travel for 3-4 days and are in our car. If we were traveling for longer and by plane, I would probably go with sposies, though.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #26
cher0105
Registered Users
seller

I don't travel with cloth for anything more than an overnight. My weekends away/vacations are not for laundry. Disposables don't bother me that much. I am happy we CD but I am also kind of laid back about it, its not a prison sentence. A vacation is a vacation.

More power to the moms that do CD on trips!
cher0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #27
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1300
When there is a washer/dryer available (like staying at our in-laws for a week), then yes.

If we are on a long road trip, not always. I found the carseat to cause compression leaks as my DD got close to age 2.
This exactly. We travel the 2 hours to my parents quite frequently...more often than not I use sposies in the car so we don't have a wet boy and carseat when we get there.

As far as other traveling...we rarely do it... But it would really depend. I'd probably do sposies on vacation because it would allow me to relax.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #28
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

If we drive yeah ill bring it along, flying no. Takes up too much space I just buy a package of sposies when we reach our destination. I try to pack just a carry on to avoid paying for a checked bag so I have no room to spare! Oh and cruises no because the onboard laundry is so expensive.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #29
Johanna.sulli
Registered Users
seller

I bring flip covers and prefolds..little space and multiple uses of the covers, easy!
Johanna.sulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #30
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

we use to travel with cloth, and we still do on shorter (long weekend or shorter) domestic trips. It is pretty easy with just bringing a normal pail liner and throwing the dirty things in there until wash day (home or on the trip)
We did do cloth on a few longer international trips... it was fine, but a lot of work. We used flats and line dried them in apartments that we usually rent (had washers but no driers available to us). it kinda just sucked that half our luggage was flats and cloth pins, haha.
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote