Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: no-poo and dyed hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
If I'm remembering correctly, red pigments are the most difficult to get to penetrate your hair, anyway, & the baking soda does strip it, so presumably it won't stay vibrant for as long as you'd like.

I did use a shampoo bar for a while & liked it very much...I have a local place that does a really nice job with natural soaps & personal care supplies. I used the pinetar & nettle bar for a while to help w/ my psoriasis; the only reason I stopped was b/c I ran out & had some bs & acv in the house. I stopped coloring my hair when I went no-poo, though, so I don't have feedback from that perspective...it just seemed that hair dye was more harsh & unnatural than the sulfates in my shampoo & silicones in my conditioner, so it just didn't make sense, KWIM?
I know. Aren't I silly? I have always wanted to have crazy colored hair but hate chemicals, usually, lol.

Thanks elena, I will look at her link!

After 2 days of no washing or anything, the color is already starting to fade anyway :/. And I think my hair has too much red undertones, so unless I did it professionally, it's not gonna last long anyway. The only problem is once this washes out, I have all this copper, brassy hair left!

I appreciate everyone's input

Advertisement