View Poll Results: Should "sensitive" threads or threads with a persons "personal info" be moved?
Yes Report to a mod and have moved 25 51.02%
No It should be up to OP or Mod 23 46.94%
Other 2 4.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why do people who are not Mods or the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Last I knew SS was instant acceptance. You sure you aren't abler to see it or hit send for request?

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
SS requires approval now because too many people were opting-in as soon as they became members and just lurking in there. So now you have to have a certain number of posts and number of days of membership before you can be approved.

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy View Post
There's an SS thread?? I'm sure that a good read! Where/how do I find it?
Oh it is. You have to opt in to it iirc
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady
...and from the side of an OP...it doesn't help to "move the post to SS so the OP can get the support she needs in a more private area" when the OP can't access said area. Even 5 HOURS after the post being moved to SS and requesting access, I STILL haven't been granted access, and therefore can't read my OWN post. I have since moved my subject to another forum. Thanks anyway...
While it makes me sad to read you can't read your own thread because you're waiting for approval, rules are rules. They are set in place for a reason and hopefully soon you'll be approved and can read what's been said if you still care too. The mods are busy mamas who do the best they can. There's no need to be passive aggressive because you didn't read the forum rules properly.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #14
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Also on a related note, mods do not have the ability to approve applications to sensitive subjects that is a admin duty so no one is being overlooked. We are all volunteers even the admins. If you qualify you will be approved in due time but please be patient, each and everyone of use are moms, in different time zones with other obligations as well, who just happen to spend a little too much time on DS :P We will get to you.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #15
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Re the questions about use of the SS forum, it is designed to host the topics that may be more private in nature, but also those that may be triggers for people baised on their life experiences. You see it a lot on other forums as well. Someone who is working past things they have faced in life can be very affected by things such as graphic news stories or discussions about abuse ect. These threads are not moved to be vindicitive or upset the OP, but for the general well being of the forum as a whole.

reports come in all day every day for a variety of reasons and we encourage that.Again just because a user has an opinion does not meat that will happen, it only means we will review the thread and make a decision about it.

The off topic area of the forum is a tricky one because it is not meant to be a catch all but often does, so you will see the greatest number of threads shifted away from there and being directed into other sub forums. It should be used as a last ditch resort for things that do not fit anywhere else food topics need to be at in the kitchen, anything with kids non sensitive needs to be in parenting ect

Hope that helps
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
Re the questions about use of the SS forum, it is designed to host the topics that may be more private in nature, but also those that may be triggers for people baised on their life experiences. You see it a lot on other forums as well. Someone who is working past things they have faced in life can be very affected by things such as graphic news stories or discussions about abuse ect. These threads are not moved to be vindicitive or upset the OP, but for the general well being of the forum as a whole.

reports come in all day every day for a variety of reasons and we encourage that.Again just because a user has an opinion does not meat that will happen, it only means we will review the thread and make a decision about it.

The off topic area of the forum is a tricky one because it is not meant to be a catch all but often does, so you will see the greatest number of threads shifted away from there and being directed into other sub forums. It should be used as a last ditch resort for things that do not fit anywhere else food topics need to be at in the kitchen, anything with kids non sensitive needs to be in parenting ect

Hope that helps
Just a bunch of .
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
...and from the side of an OP...it doesn't help to "move the post to SS so the OP can get the support she needs in a more private area" when the OP can't access said area. Even 5 HOURS after the post being moved to SS and requesting access, I STILL haven't been granted access, and therefore can't read my OWN post. I have since moved my subject to another forum. Thanks anyway...
At the risk of sounding dismissive when I promise you I'm not, 5 hours isn't exactly a long time. It feels like it, because the nature of the internet is that most things feel instant, but it's actually a pretty standard wait time.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've modded for several forums, as well as been an admin (I WAH in social media), and sometimes a reported post is the quickest way to see something that needs to be moved, since many forums are busy and mods don't see every post. Sometimes people unintentionally post in the wrong forum. One popular and very busy writing forum I modded had paying and nonpaying markets sub-forums, and threads were always needing to be moved around. Reporting a post doesn't always mean the post is bad.

Incidentally, through this I learned about the SS and Current Events forums, which I didn't know about or how to view. Ya learn something new every day!
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote