Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
mamalinaaaa
Registered Users
seller

Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

Ok I am not much of the cloth diaper addict and don't have multiple diaper typesin my stash. I have 24 small fuzzibunz and that's it! I am needing to switch for a bigger dipe. Considering getting 18 freetimes and that's it. But I'm torn between FB elite, freetimes and 4.0. I would like to try all of them! And I'm tempted to get a little of all three.

***So here's this question! If you have multiple diapers in your stash do you like it that way? If you had a choice and money wasn't an issue would you want your stash to consist of only your favorite diaper?

I tend to like symmetry so I feel like I want my stash to have only one diaper

Advertisement

mamalinaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

I liked only having 1 type of diaper when I first started cding 4 yrs ago but have found now that I like a variety. I like to change things up sometimes so now I have some of everything.
I have pockets (mostly for night time)
AIOs - they are just so darn easy when I am being lazy or I am out and about
Prefolds, Flats, and cover - I can trifold or pin/snappi if I want.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I had one type Thirsties for a long time I recently gained some Freetimes in the end I'd like 1 dozen each of the thirsties size 1 and size 2 and a dozen freetimes I figure that way I'm covered size wise for pretty much all diapering days... So like I'll have the thirsties size 1 for before a true onesize fits well and then the BG one size for that kinda akward stage between the two thirsties..
Plus I love the extra assorbancy of the freetimes but nothing beats the awsome daddy friendlness of the thirsties.

I get occasionally tempted with pockets then remember how much I hate those so I can easily pass on those.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I couldn't decide between a 2 step system (Flip, Grovia, Bestbottom) or pockets so I have 1/2 and 1/2 and it's perfect for me. I don't love stuffing, flips are cheaper and less laundry, but pockets are easy for dad and when out and about.
nursenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I really like having a variety. We adore OS AIOs, so I pretty much collect one of each new kind that comes out. (They used to be a pretty rare breed!)

But then we also have pockets (mostly use them as covers though because of our bad luck with microfleece leaking), covers, and prefolds (we trifold).

I like the prefolds because it allowed me to have a large stash in the beginning without spending too much money. Now they nicely round out our stash.

But I also wanted to add that I like variety in everything in life and I don't like making decisions. I like to explore every option, and having just one type of diaper would feel so confining!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
mamalinaaaa
Registered Users
seller

Haha confining

I am scared of getting three different diapers and preferring one over the others and reaching for it more. I mean I understand finding what you like but I dont know

I got out FB in all the colors but I use the ugly orange and bright green for night time and save the cute spearmint color for day haha
mamalinaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used to have a little bit of everything but have now streamlined to flats, prefolds, and workhorse fitteds. I don't think I would be happy with just one type as my mood and needs change often.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a little bit of everything and I never minded it being a mix-mash. DH definitely did, though!
I liked the option of having different styles available for different occasions. Loved PFs/covers for NBs and around the house. For a while we used pockets at night, then switched to fitteds for night after 10 months.

Plus, I believe, and have heard from many other posters around here..... baby's diaper needs can change as they grow.

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness I have so many types of diapers. I have a bunch of different pockets, some AI2, some AIO, some prefolds and some flats, fitteds, and hybrid fitteds as well as fleece, wool, and PUL covers

I get bored easily and like to switch between the types pretty frequently. Lately I've been loving our large FB and WAHM fitteds with knit fabric outer.

If I had an unlimited budget I think I would be swimming in diaper, floor to ceiling. I would still keep the diversity though. I like different fits for different things. I'm no help to someone that likes a streamlined stash
I wouldn't go with FB OS since they run very small compared to most other OS. BG 4.0 are pretty accurate on their sizing if you want to do OS
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
cher0105
Registered Users
seller

I need streamlined but with a little variety. I have 27 pockets (all but 3 are bGs), 8 Flips, 4 dozen inserts (about a dozen of each kind, of course ). I love the ease and brainlessness of pockets but sometimes need the flexibility that Flips allow.
cher0105 is offline   Reply With Quote