Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Crib in the bathtub?

I totally remember having "bathroom" camping nights when I was young. I would take my pillows and blanket and sleep in the bathtub. Being the youngest of 5 and there were only 3 bedrooms (including the master) I am assuming that I just wanted some dang personal space.

kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Re: the closet, you could put a crib or PnP in a closet if you took the doors off. Then it's just a funny leftover piece of the room. Maybe with a three-panel screen (you know, the decorative kind) in front?
Granted, it might not fit anything BUT the closet, but it COULD work (and be reasonably legal).
Check out - I'm pretty sure they've run pieces on small-space cribs and such.
+ + +
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Its a room, its quiet, although I think it's a bit odd, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. My friend has a family of 10 in a 3 bedroom house and the baby sleeps in the walk in closet. I'm not sure I buy the whole "fireman won't look in the bathroom" thing. Why not? And what are the chances everyone is going to unable to say so? I totally get that some kids just need quiet. Getting used to the regualr noise and having a kid that wakes up every freakin' 5 minutes b/c they hear something are 2 different things. Anyhow GL, and I don't think its a bad idea.

MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #34
Registered Users

Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
Thank you for all the comments and input. We still have a long time to decide, so we will keep thinking.

I wish there were usable closets, but they are all less than 2 x 3. A few people mentioned the fire danger that a firefighter wouldnt look in a bathroom for a baby. Would that be true of closets too?

Going off of our first baby, we need to get some space for me to sleep. I fall on the autism spectrum with sensory issues. The slightest touch or lightest sound jolts me awake. Not just the crying baby, any sound they make just makes me wide awake. I tried for 2 months with dd, but i was literally not sleeping.

I made a point of keeping the house loud so dd would be able to sleep through anything. After 6 months of her waking up from any sound and having a cranky kid all day, i finally made things quiet. I was purposefully avoiding having a baby that needed silence to sleep, but it didnt work out.

Moving a crying baby into her room would be a disaster at this point. I have never been able to sneak into her room without her waking up, let alone tending to a crying baby. Maybe in a year things will be different. But it would be nice to know there is a quiet option if we end up needing it.
have you tried sleeping with a weighted blanket?
Heather. LDS, homeopathic, Gluten Free, dye free. Mom to 6.5 yo DS 4yo DD and 1.5 yo DD born in the car . Ask me about essential oils!
jefesita is offline   Reply With Quote