Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Home from the balloons. MH is napping already. She and I will go home at bedtime tonight. So she can sleep and I can be ready by 8 am to see people in my house in Gallup.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just posted a bunch of balloon picks to FB
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #13
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
Home from the balloons. MH is napping already. She and I will go home at bedtime tonight. So she can sleep and I can be ready by 8 am to see people in my house in Gallup.
So you have to rush home to see people for 10 minutes?
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Just posted a bunch of balloon picks to FB
Love the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
So you have to rush home to see people for 10 minutes?
I really wouldn't do it. Not worth the effort IMO....Nope, why should Jel have to ruin her weekend for a 10 minute visit. And why haven't they bothered to visit in the past year? They cant seem to make time for Jen, Jerry, and MH. So why should Jen have to drop everything for them to spend 10 minutes of their oh so precious time with them.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #15
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Made up a rubric to mark a music assignment. Will take care of that this evening, as well as start planning for the week. Just put salmon in the crockpot for supper - we are trying Crockpot365's Jamaican salmon recipe.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen. Family can be a PITA.

I have never put seafood in the cockpot. You will have to tell me how it turns out. I cooked a bunch of bone-in chicken boobs yesterday so we are set for the weekend.

We worked at a food prep event for a soup kitchen this morning, and took the whole family to the big Salvation Army I like to go to (yes, on a Saturday, ugh). But I did get Ian 9 sweaters and 4 pants for Ian, a sweater for Rose, and a dress for Ginger for $40. And a raincoat for me for $13. Now I just need to find me some rainboots. I have been tremendously lucky I have never had to wait at the school bus stop in the rain thus far.

It is cold, dark, and rainy. So we are staying inside and watching Harry Potter again. Cuz ya know Rosie will be 11 and thus old enough for Hogwartz by then and we need to be ready.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All I am doing is leaving tonight instead of the morning so that means I get to sleep in my bed tonight.

Janine my sister and BIL live in MN so getting here is hard. I am frustrated but I can't change it all.

So we went to Kohl's and MH got new flannel sheets Ans a down alternative comforter. I got 3 shirts, a cool jacket and a scarf all for $132 and earned $20 Kohl's cash.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love flannel sheets!

I have never tried seafood in the crock either, but I read the recipe and had to try it. It smells good so far!

Ru got a text from a friend that he needs a ride to the hospital for a chest x-ray, so she is stopping to pick him up and drop him off there on her way home. She may need to pop out later to pick him up and drop his back at home.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well done Jen. I really need to figure out how the Kohls cash and coupons work. Mom does it and gets them all the time. I don't buy there often, but when I do it's usually clearance + moms coupons + moms kohls cash = not very much money spent.

DH went rooting around in the basement looking for his boots, and uncovered the missing winter gear. So now Ian has snowpants too in the right size. So between that and the thrift store haul today, we should be set until Spring. Although Ian is very rough on clothes, so we will have to see. The girls usually didn't actually wear clothes out (holes, rips, etc) before they outgrew them, so that is a new one for me.

While they watched the movie I was trying to get the laundry/mudroom set up for winter. I am having trouble figuring out where the snowsuits and boots are going to hang. I think I just need to relocate more stuff out of there, at least during the winter.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
All I am doing is leaving tonight instead of the morning so that means I get to sleep in my bed tonight.

Janine my sister and BIL live in MN so getting here is hard. I am frustrated but I can't change it all.

So we went to Kohl's and MH got new flannel sheets Ans a down alternative comforter. I got 3 shirts, a cool jacket and a scarf all for $132 and earned $20 Kohl's cash.
Isn't that more reason to make sure they can spend time with you when they finally have managed to get there?