Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
Aalt
Registered Users

Re: Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcassemom View Post
I watch for sales, use coupons, and buy used. My kids clothes are 80% gymboree, 10% crazy 8, 5% gap and 5% other.

Gymboree- I buy during sales and use coupons or gymbucks. Twice a year Gymboree has the red balloon sale. During that sale they have pants for as low as $3.99, jeans as low as $6.99 and most shirts around $3/$4. I also combine that with a 20% off coupon. Also this weekend Gymboree is having a 50% off the current clearance price of select items. A lot of it is summer items, so I bought about $300 worth for next summer for only $35 with my 20% off coupon on Friday . I also joined a couple of Facebook gymboree resell sites. If you watch for the auctions, you can get some good deals! (I got jeans for $5 plus ship during one!)

Gap- again watch for sales. They will run extra xx% off clearance sometimes or my store will match online sales.

Crazy 8- always has a great clearance section, and often has a 20% coupon out!
Yes to all of this! Gymboree is the greatest for cheap deals if you are willing to buy ahead. NEVER shop there without a coupon.

Also at Gymboree: Every year around the holidays (mid-December, I believe) they have had a sale where the entire store is $12.99 or less (which can be combined with a 20% off coupon.) That is a great time to get some winter coats and other more expensive items like dresses, sweaters, and jeans or pants. I think Crazy 8 does this sale too.

Then when your kids outgrow them, you can resell anything that has held up well. Super thrifty!

Advertisement

Aalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also have 3 kids and 85% of their clothing is GAP. The other 15% consists of gifted clothing and a few pieces from Target. I buy off season on clearance, use promo codes and get rewards through my GAP card. I definitely prefer the durability of GAP over Old Navy because my boys are pretty hard on their clothing, especially at school, and I pass down what I can from DS1 to DS2. They are only 22 months apart, so I don't have to store much for long.

My daughter is only 3 and has another 1.5 yrs before she gets into school clothing. I keep it simple for her: 3-5 dresses, 3-5 tunic length tops and then leggings that coordinate with both. She also has a pair of white sneakers and dressier sandals.

We've been living in Hawaii for the last 2 years so we don't have much of a seasonal wardrobe change at all. Next summer, we are moving back to the east coast and then layering will be my strategy to help stretch their wardrobe through the seasons.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are about 60% Gap, 20% old navy and 20% H&M. I only shop the 'red tag' clearance racks unless I have a coupon (gap/oldnavy) that is like 40% off etc. Also, I buy a lot of our Gap clothing from ONce Upon A Child.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
smores
Registered Users

I'd say we have a lot of Children's Place and H&M here. I buy H&M on sale or regular price, the Children's Place is bought a season ahead or with coupons AND I find a LOT of it in consignment/thrift stores that looks almost new. It's also cheaper to buy some individual pieces on ebay.

Actually, I just stumbled into 8 pieces that all matched, looked brand new at a thrift store yesterday for fall, mostly Children's Place.

Gymbo had some really good stuff on sale right now... so did Crazy 8. It was late summer/early fall kind of stuff for under $13 each.

i blog here
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just purchased 23 pieces of gymboree clothing today for my dd, and ds for next summer and spent $69. They where having a sale 25-50% off of clearance, and th newer styles and then i was able to use a %20 coupon on top of the other sale. Definitely a great buy. dd summer wardrobe is complete and ds is almost there.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
shellie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ditto to all the other replies!!

i buy at gymboree and gap with coupons and and mostly clearance stuff. that really makes a difference. i just made a gap purchase and was able to combined 30% off with the $15 off $75 purchase online. i always keep coupons in my bag in case i need them.

{ momma to 2 beautiful girls, my adorable boy and another boy on the way ^^ }
shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't tell from your siggy - but since you have 3 kiddos obviously you have 2 of that same gender..... so only buy for the oldest of the particular gender and then save it for the younger siblings. In theory you should only have to buy two sets of clothing......

I have 3 boys and buy ONE set of clothing in each size then pass it on down. When you buy higher end the clothes and wash them in Tide (or other high end detergent) the clothes last..... DS3 is wearing the 3T DS1 wore several years ago. They look new..... Now granted - i must store it.... but it's been worth it.

Shoes are about the only thing i buy new for each boy b/c their feet are all so differently shaped (eg wide, narrow, etc).....
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
smapple
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like I need to caution you about buying ahead as it has not worked for me a couple of times (I used to do it every year, didn't work once, decided to try again, didn't work AGAIN!) I am DONE buying ahead except for things that are worn most of the year so I don't have to worry about if it will fit in the right season. (socks, underwear, short sleeve shirts are worn several months here, jeans.... I will not buy long sleeve shirts or shorts ahead any more. I don't normally buy dresses ahead because they might not be the right length or a summery dress may not look right paired with a sweater if it fits at the wrong time of year)

OshKosh, Carter's, and Old Navy all had some really incredible deals last year for Black Friday. The deals started online on Thanksgiving Day, so I ordered on Thanksgiving Day and didn't have to go out on BF and fight the crowds. Granted, not everything was on sale, but I was able to get a lot of stuff for really good prices.

I've been picking up stuff here and there at the consignment store to try to get us by until Thanksgiving... and that's probably how I'll continue to do things. But I realize that may not work everywhere - it is still pretty mild here right now and we have some really warm clothes, so we can manage until the really good sales.

I don't really shop Gap or Gymboree so I don't know what their deals were like for Black Friday.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeuchat
Tell me your secrets for getting awesome deals at higher end kids clothing stores?! I love the cute looks but buying for 3 kids is killing me!
I know what you mean ! I love Gymboree ! But talk about sticker shock with $17 for a shirt ! I found the site thredup ! LOVE it . They have Gymboree , Carter's , TCP, etc EUC kid clothes for amazingly cheap .
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeuchat
Tell me your secrets for getting awesome deals at higher end kids clothing stores?! I love the cute looks but buying for 3 kids is killing me!
Retail me not also offers coupon codes for thredup as well as for this month it's free shipping