Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #31
Registered Users
Re: Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc

Originally Posted by laur318 View Post
anyone wanna post the code? pretty pleeeease
Gymboree codes are one-time use - everyone has to have their own unique code.

You can normally find them in Family Fun, Parents, and Parenting magazines... and possibly other magazines geared at families/parents but I know those 3 have them often

We have allergies- can't buy from or trade with smoking household. Sorry!
smapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

i buy mine from consignment sales. there is a local traveling consignment sale that comes to my area twice a year. this way i don't have to buy too far ahead and i still get great deals. the selection isn't always the best (a lot of much older styles) but since it is consignment they do go through and quality control all the clothes coming in to make sure they are in good shape. when i was working i did shop gymboree with the coupons and when on sale, you can almost always find 20% off coupons. i get parents magazine and american baby (parents is only $10/year, which you more than make up for with the coupons, and AB is free). now i'm at home, about to return to school so i have had to primarily buy from consignment, but often i find brand name clothes never worn at great prices!
mamarudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Those codes don't work becuase they are one time use only.

If someone uses them, you can't use it again. They don't have public/everyone can use codes.
Lovely_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:
Great ideas! If you buy secondhand, do you wash them any differently than new clothes before your child wears them?
Erica, wife to Joey my HS sweetheart, Mommy to Jaybee '06, Princess '09, and my Little Sweetie '11 and My Peanut
Ebeuchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #35
Registered Users

I buy CLEARANCE - like DEEP clearance...
I just bought a bunch from Gymbo - shirts $5 something bottoms $7 something (then take off 20% for a coupon)...I buy the kids "fancy outfits" there a year ahead - or like for us we can get away with short sleeve I just got the firls some pink and green dresses for the holidays...Parker already had a shirt I got last year on clearance in the green tone...

I just placed a huge gymbo order - for $230 (with tax)...
14 shirts
12 bottoms(pants and shorts)
2 dresses
2 jammies
16 socks
18 bows (most in 2 packs)

That was for all 3 little kids (oldest isn't in their size)
plus I got $100 in gymbucks...usually with those I buy gifts for family/cousins, or buy "basics" like jeans or coats. Luckily we live in the south so we don't normally have HUGE climate changes so even "out if season" stuff is still appropriate to wear currently for our "season"

For my oldest (who like places like Abercrombie, Aeropostale, etc) When I go "home" where my parents live I hit up the consignment shop is a college town so they have an abundance of those brands at the consignment shop and I like the prices much better!

The little girls do hand me downs too - I try to buy stuff that is very "classic" in style vs. trendy (like hannah montana)
Lanicia Mama to 3 crazy kiddos - A - 14 P - 6 E - 5 and a little baby J - 2

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have a gap card. On the 1st tuesday of every month you get 10% off
they always and I mean ALWAYS are having sales for 30% off and 40% off for cardmembers plus they send you coupons in the mail all the time.

I do not buy a yr in advance bc I find that the seasons as far as stores go are a couple of months ahead. Example fall things tend to come out in July/Aug. So by the time we are ready to buy fall/winter things it is already fall/winter and they are already discounted or on clearance.

Not sure I have ever paid more then $7 on an item for the kids at gap unless it was something that was a splurge or really wanted them to have. But I also find a TON of $2.99-$4.99 shirts and and pants.

I would say that 90% of my childrens clothes are gap and they hold up really well bc I pass them down also.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote