Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Kinrice01
Registered Users
seller

question about high eff washers

Hi there,
We are pregnant, and am hoping to do CD. Well we recently got a new washer that is HE. I have noticed that it doesn't fill up with water, it doesn't cover the clothe all the way because it senses the weight. I have tried soaking stained clothes and it doesn't seem to work beccause of this. Is cding out of the question? We cd'd in the past but that was years ago and we had a regular washer back then. I worry my HE wouldn't get them clean.
Any experience?

Advertisement

Kindra: wife to Chris since 6/01 , Stay at Home, AP, homeschooling Mama to: Seth 11/01, Elissa 10/03 , Noah 9/05 , Emma 5/09 , Luke 4/13 ,stepmom to a U.S.Marine Stephen 10/92 , foster mama to siblings I 12/08, J 12/09, and J 4/14
Kinrice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
lovemyjgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have an LG HE washer. It does fine. I do a speed wash for a first rinse. Then I wash on the bulky/large setting. Then do an extra rinse. We've been cd'ing for 9 months now. Never a problem.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about high eff washers

I have a front load LG energy effient washer and it does fine.We started out at 6 month and we are 18 month next week. I just noticed though that the poo needs to be washed off before you machine wash otherwise stains. I don't dryer dry either. No prbs here. I did notice that a wet pail worked better with soap and then just put in washer to rise and all... I stopped cuz the pail was to heavy and wasn't great to empty with it being a sterilite container.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
nahrie
Registered Users

I use flats, they get cleaner than any other type of diaper in a HE machine. Hot pre-wash, hot heavy wash, 2 cold rinses. If that doesn't work, you can always add a wet towel to trick the washer into adding more water.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyjgirl View Post
I have an LG HE washer. It does fine. I do a speed wash for a first rinse. Then I wash on the bulky/large setting. Then do an extra rinse. We've been cd'ing for 9 months now. Never a problem.
Pretty much this, but I will add that I gave up microfiber in the HE machine. I found that I was getting stinkies frequently. I switched to Tide Ultra HE and it took care of the stinkies, but I prefer a more natural detergent. So to use a natural detergent like Charlies Soap I stick to diapers made of cotton (workhorse fitteds) or bamboo.