Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Anyone using Method Laundry Detergent? And yup, I did a search first, lol!

I tried Method a few months ago and I am apparently very allergic to whatever they use to make their fragrances. I had gotten 3 little bottles of different scent detergents and they ALL made my nose and eyes start running. I loved the idea of a tiny little bottle though. I didn't find that they did a great job with cleaning either.

We switched to Country Save recently and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it and feel that it really works well for our minimalist, green lifestyle. I am able to use 1/4 scoop (so half of what it recommends for an HE washer) with a splash of white vinegar in the bleach compartment and our clothes come out spotless, soft without needing fabric softener and smell SO clean without a scent. The little size box will end up lasting us 160 loads and only cost $10! We have extremely hard water so I am totally thrilled. Just figured I'd mention it in case anyone else is looking for an eco-friendly minimalist laundry option. The box is really tiny and I love that I only need ONE kind for everything.

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote