Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
How do you de-stress?

I currently have a few different things stressing me out. And I'm having an awful time trying to de-stress. All my my usual things are not allowed in pregnancy. A drink or two... hard exercise... sushi... a long hot bath.

About the only think left is fried appetizers... and lets face it not to healthy to resort to that one too often. So how do you relax?

Kendall Marie - Single Mother By Choice to Baby Boy G Born March 27, 2013
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How do you de-stress?

Why can't you have a long bath? The trouble with being in hot tubs/really hot baths isn't the hot water, it's being in one long enough that your core body temp rises. A nice hot bath, not in a hot tub, isn't really a danger because a bath will cool off and (usually) you won't get that hot anyways. Hot tubs don't ever cool off, though, but as long as you don't let yourself get overheated (feeling dizzy, sweating) it's fine to use hot tubs during pregnancy as well.

So, that being said, a hot bath is lovely I like a cup of tea (especially since it's starting to get chilly outside), a yummy special snack (like expensive chocolates or cake or cheesecake, something like that), hmm... favorite music, a favorite movie (ever watched "the holiday"? love it!).

Oh, just looked up again at your post - sushi isn't out during pregnancy either! Steer clear of the raw fish, just to be on the safe side, but anything else with fish or seafood, or veggie rolls, are just fine! Bonus, seaweed is a good source of iron.

So, maybe no drinks, lol, and not too hard of exercise unless you've been doing it all along, but some sushi and a long bath - lovely!
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Working out. It doesn't have to be crazy but you can pretty much exercise like you did before you got pregnant. And I also love hot baths. I take 2 a week. Not scorching hot but very warm. I also love to lay in bed and read a good book or watch trash tv right after I put baby to bed.
Wife to the love of my life, mama to 2 beautiful blessings from God
babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
Registered Users
I love sushi! I could never stomach "real" (read: raw) sushi anyway, so I haven't had to give that up. I got a new fancy blend of Kona last week and I have been making myself a nice cup of coffee for quiet time when DS goes down for his nap. I have also been sewing like crazy! I think the productivity is therapeutic.

....oh.... And I've been buying diapers. Too scared to look at the budget. But I love the fluffy mail!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
Registered Users
Chocolate. If you get it nice and dark it doesn't take much
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
Chocolate. And going for a walk.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

DDC: I wait until my kids are in bed then take out a good book that helps me "get lost". I am also a fan of a cup of tea, warm cookies out of the oven, prenatal yoga, relaxing music or a bath. Try a few things to find what works for you, most of the "fun" ways to relax are off limits while breastfeeding too so now is a good time for you to learn how to deal with stress. Hugs mama!
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I go for the long hot bath. Preferably with chocolate and a good book. So, I guess I just combine a few things at once My ob told me that baths and heating pads were fine. I just go with that. Coffee, but I can't drink as much of that as I would like, especially with the cold rainy weather. I'm trying to be very moderate, but that is always a pick me up. Especially with dark chocolate with sea salt and almonds. Yum!
Brook, wife to D, mama of S('05), I('06), E('08), E ('11), Adella & Bria (4/16/13)
bai18176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:

I <3 my jetted tub. I like baths and some tea. A drink or two was my choice for de stressing especually with 2 young children. Man, I can wait for a nice wine buzz!!
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

Over the summer my SIL enjoyed the hot tub with us on vacation. We set the temp down to like 97 degrees so it wasn't overheating her or anything, but was still plenty comfortable to us. I think it may have baked the baby a little extra because she came out just fine 4 weeks early. I really don't think it was the hot tub, but it's the excuse we are going with.

Crafting or you time is a good way to destress also.
Mama to 2 boys and a baby girl, married to a big boy, with a male hamster and a bunch of fish(the prettiest being male of course ). for my sanity. XL 14" inseam longies instock now!!!
Knitted stuff link Stripe Knits Grand Re-opening!!
Swag with me. Wool Destash - boyish sweaters small girly longies
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote