Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Random Bleeding?

I haven't had any random bleeding this pregnancy but last Sunday it started. I went to the ER here which was about as much help as going to the gas station. 2 days later after it was letting up I scheduled to go in to Dr. when the ultrasound tech was there. They couldn't find anything I have a low lying placenta that will have to be rechecked before I deliver, but overall it makes me uneasy not knowing the cause.

Anyone else had random bleeding? What was it? I am almost 16 weeks....it seems strange. I did find out during the ultrasound I am having another boy though, mine are never shy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	605.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	122562  

Advertisement

jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Random Bleeding?

I have not but my sister did. It lasted from about 14 weeks off and on all the way til end of pregnancy. Turned out she had a blood clot between the uterus and placenta that would bleed with different ways the baby pressed on it. Bleeding increased throughout pg as far as amount of blood passed, but her and baby were both fine and baby was full term. They did not figure out what was causing it until her c section. The c section was not because of the bleeding but because baby was butt first.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not with this pregnancy but I did with my last one which was my third pregnancy and the only one I had bleeding with. It turns out that it was a blood clot that the doctors thought was from my previous pregnacies and the fact that I had a low-laying placenta pushed it out.

It freaked me out bc it was bright red and at first appeared to be my period but once I had u/s and everything else baby was extremely healthy and doing great.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
JuneBeanMama
Registered Users

I'm sorry you are going through this =(
JuneBeanMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had a lot of random bleeding with this one (five times now?). Bright red and the next day brown. They think its blood vessels from my cervix that keep popping. Really, they didnt see anything on the ultrasounds and they (my re and ob) arent at all concerned.

Doesnt help the worries though! Sorry you are dealing with it! Congrats on the boy!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First off - congrats on that wee baby boy! He's a cutie!

I know how darn scary it is to have bleeding during pregnancy.
How low is your placenta? If it's near the cervix, that could be causing all the bleeding. It's not really a dangerous issue during pregnancy, but could be for labor/birth if it stays low.
Have you had any further bleeding since the first time stopped? I had an SCH with DS2 and had heavy, clotty bleeding (for 12 days, actually). The SCH was a good size, they did see it on u/s, but at a later u/s it was gone, had been absorbed without any more bleeding. If you had one, that bleeding could have been your body passing it, which would explain both the bleeding and them not seeing any cause on u/s.

No matter what the reason, for no more scares.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the kind words and experiences.... it was bright red and then the next day reminded me of the last day of my period, I had it for 2 days and the last 4 days nothing....the baby seems very healthy so I am giong to stay positive its a minor issue, the midwife was awesome and said they will check the placenta down the road. I know how I am worrying about my kids and pregnancy and sometimes my mind just runs with all that could be happening........
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had some random bleeding with DD1 around 13 weeks. My midwife wasn't concerned, and it went away and everything was normal after that.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DDC... But I've had random bleeding since 9 weeks and still now at 18 weeks. I've had 5 ultrasounds and everything looks fine with baby. I also have a low lying placenta and that can definitely cause bleeding doc told me that up to 30% of healthy normal pregnancies can experience bleeding. Yay for being in the minority, right?!?! Hang in there mama! There is a very active board on baby center for placenta previa that I've found lots of good info on.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

DDC: I had random bleeding at 12 weeks. Bled in gushes for about 30 min. then it just stopped. I went in to have an ultrasound and nothing was wrong. The doc said it might have been a blood clot or a busted blood vessel. No more bleeding since. It was just odd and scary. Glad to see your baby boy is fine!