Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
It's funny, though, isn't it, how your ideas of things change? I never thought I would stay home with my kids before I had them. I also thought I would never have more than two,
Don't look too closely at your siggy, then!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Just listened to baby, was in the 150s. Love the Doppler

Am dealing with the horrendously painful gas tonight. I think I swear off broccoli until this pregnancy is over
and That would suck though... cuz broccoli is so !!!

AFM: I'm trying to talk myself into getting all the kids ready and to town today. Kids have no school, but it's a major PD day thing, so DH has to be gone all day for stuff. But he's just in town... so we could meet him for lunch even. And I really super duper badly need groceries. But I don't want to shop with all 4 kids. Thinking maybe I could go in for lunch with DH, then in-laws might watch them for us while we do groceries. Hmm... Although then I have to fill the afternoon hours. Not sure I wanna dump on FIL for that whole time!
Meh. I'll figure something out, I'm sure.

And now I'm wanting broccoli. Baked in the oven. On salad. OMGoodness

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #102
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
My sister went into labor yesterday and I have a niece! Hazel Rosalie, 8 lbs 15oz named after my grandma we haven't had a baby girl in our family for 12 years! My cousins all have boys! So excited to shop for some girlie clothes and CDs!

DS is having a sleep over at my parents and DSD is with her mom so no kids today, the house is so quiet! Tonight I am invited to a Scenty/Arbonne party so I might go cause I'm feeling pretty good
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #103
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
AFM: I'm trying to talk myself into getting all the kids ready and to town today. Kids have no school, but it's a major PD day thing, so DH has to be gone all day for stuff. But he's just in town... so we could meet him for lunch even. And I really super duper badly need groceries. But I don't want to shop with all 4 kids. Thinking maybe I could go in for lunch with DH, then in-laws might watch them for us while we do groceries. Hmm... Although then I have to fill the afternoon hours. Not sure I wanna dump on FIL for that whole time!
Meh. I'll figure something out, I'm sure.
I'm going to the commissary with my dad today since my mom is at tech school and he hasn't had to grocery shop for 20 years lol... Of course the only time he could find to go to the largest military base/commissary in our area (1.5 hours away in decent traffic) was FRIDAY. At FOUR THIRTY. totally missing Tuesday trips with my mom at 9:00 am.

I'll take your four kids and go to the grocery store during the day if you take my dad to the madhouse of a commissary on a Friday afternoon. Ugh.

AFM: I am sooooooo tired. no amount of naps or early bedtimes is helping, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm anemic/borderline. I've been taking my vitamins but I've also struggled with anemia in the past.... I could definitely go for a big, juicy, rare steak. Mmmmmmm

ETA: there is also a huge diaper sale in the metro area tomorrow in the same area as the commissary... And I am soooo tempted to go... And buy it all! Haha. I just might. Wish I knew the gender already!

Last edited by KelseyH; 10-19-2012 at 08:40 AM.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #104
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
My sister went into labor yesterday and I have a niece! Hazel Rosalie, 8 lbs 15oz named after my grandma we haven't had a baby girl in our family for 12 years! My cousins all have boys! So excited to shop for some girlie clothes and CDs!

DS is having a sleep over at my parents and DSD is with her mom so no kids today, the house is so quiet! Tonight I am invited to a Scenty/Arbonne party so I might go cause I'm feeling pretty good
Aww! Congrats Auntie!
You should totally go, and have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I'm going to the commissary with my dad today since my mom is at tech school and he hasn't had to grocery shop for 20 years lol... Of course the only time he could find to go to the largest military base/commissary in our area (1.5 hours away in decent traffic) was FRIDAY. At FOUR THIRTY. totally missing Tuesday trips with my mom at 9:00 am.

I'll take your four kids and go to the grocery store during the day if you take my dad to the madhouse of a commissary on a Friday afternoon. Ugh.

AFM: I am sooooooo tired. no amount of naps or early bedtimes is helping, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm anemic/borderline. I've been taking my vitamins but I've also struggled with anemia in the past.... I could definitely go for a big, juicy, rare steak. Mmmmmmm
HA! I'm still hoping to leave the kids with the in-laws and go shopping just with DH - hey, maybe they'll tell us to go for supper while we're at it?!

Hmm... definitely could be anemia starting. Maybe get some high-in-iron foods to munch on, and ask your Dr at your next appt for a blood test to check. Worth staying on top of, IMO.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #105
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena- hope they tell you to go out and have some fun!
Kelsey- hope you get some great diapers! I cannot wait to get some fluffy mail!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #106
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yay for a new baby!!! Such a pretty name too.

Had my first mw appt. Hr in 140s and my kids got to hear it and hold a mold replica of a baby the size of mine<3 it was nice. Little booger has been squirming alot lately. I really love it!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #107
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I struggle with fatigue during every pregnancy so far, and have not had issues with iron levels. It's so weird too, because I haven't found a pattern to it, but just all of a sudden I feel heavy and tired and just can't will myself to do much of anything. The guilt of laying around half the day is what gets me up eventually.

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #108
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

blah i need to briefly vent about my mom again. And keep in mind I'm VERY TIRED. Have been all week... and extra irratable... i see it and generally avoiding people who set me off... but well it's my mom.

She is doing better... the extended family have all been told now. Though it hasn't escaped my noticed that some very close friends (as in we frequently refer to them as the family we've chosen as to opposed to the one we've been given) haven't been told. Which saddens me a bit still.

She is being supportive... cooking bigger meals so I can drop in for dinner if i want since I'm generally far to tired in the evning to manage any sort of healthy cooking. When some neighbours of theirs put out "free" baby stuff she promptly called me (i got a swing and bumbo out of it.) But she is still showing zero enthusiasim.

Last night I went with her to find a maternity coat (i'm not driving in the evenings because I'm so tired) I knew it was going to be a bit tough because we have very different taste in clothing. But seriously she wouldn't even give me opinions on the coats when I tried them on. I mean I know none of them are terribly stylish... and I know none of them looked great on me. But the simple fact is that's what's avalible... and I am already popping snaps on my regular coats I needed a coat NOW. Would it have killed her to comment on the colour... or the material... something. I did find a coat... but I dont' think she liked my choice in the end.

I'm trying to decide now what to do about crib shopping this weekend... I need to borrow one of my parents vechicles since mine's too small to bring anythign home. Mom seems to want to come with me... but I don't know if I can take another shopping trip with ehr standing there refusing to give an opinion. Yes it's for my house... and i'm an adult and can make my own chioces. But really... she's had kids before... I haven't... I'd like her opinions on some of this stuff.

Arg... okay.. rant over.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #109
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Kendall, I'm sorry your mom isn't being supportive of your choice. That's difficult. *hugs* DO you have any friends with kids who will go crib shopping with you? Friends without kids who want to gush over all the cute baby things? If not, then there's still amazon.com.

Who all have found out the sex of their baby, and is anyone having twins? I haven't been keeping up with the chat thread so much.

Last edited by E_Sage; 10-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #110
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
I struggle with fatigue during every pregnancy so far, and have not had issues with iron levels. It's so weird too, because I haven't found a pattern to it, but just all of a sudden I feel heavy and tired and just can't will myself to do much of anything. The guilt of laying around half the day is what gets me up eventually.
I have this problem too. It's getting better but not great. I still spend a ridiculous amount of time feeling like I'm on couch rest and surfing DS from my iphone. Early on I was super super sick but luckily that is finally fading to just exhaustion, and I'm sleeping better too which is great.

I had low iron when I was pregnant with DS, but I don't think it became low enough for them to put me on a prescription iron pill until later in the pregnancy. They tested for it last time at the dr, but said levels were ok, so this must be just a tired momma syndrome for me so far, LOL. But you can definitely ask them if they have checked, because the iron did help me last pregnancy. I expect it'll probably become an issue later on for this one too.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote