Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #121
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
...and things aren't the greatest with his biomom (lay time I was pregnant she told him we were getting a new baby, so we wouldn't need him anymore and he would just stay at her house. He was devastated and so upset with me. Luckily he adores his baby brother, and knows we wouldn't replace him, but it still makes me worry about what she's going to say when she finds out we're having a baby near his birthday. Gah! Pregnancy hormones make me worry more than usual!)
Speaking of hormones, I had my first "I don't know why I'm crying" sob fest the other day! I'm officially pregnant. Lol
As a child of divorced parents this makes me want to cry! At least he has your family which sounds loving and stable. And hopefully his mom will grow out of that crap. My parents did!

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #122
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

Your poor step son. My DSD's mom is similar. We told the kids this past week and she's with her mom this weekend so I'm hoping when she comes back Monday she's still excited.
Last night we were going to go to a home party but I started feeling horrible so we stayed home and just watched TV, which was fine, we didn't have any kids so lots of relaxing. Today we are headed into my parents house in the city, my Mom has a 30% off coupon at Kohls so we're planning on doing some shopping
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #123
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Elena- hope they tell you to go out and have some fun!
They didn't, but that's okay. We got groceries sans kids, and went back to their house for a supper FIL made for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Had my first mw appt. Hr in 140s and my kids got to hear it and hold a mold replica of a baby the size of mine<3 it was nice. Little booger has been squirming alot lately. I really love it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
I struggle with fatigue during every pregnancy so far, and have not had issues with iron levels. It's so weird too, because I haven't found a pattern to it, but just all of a sudden I feel heavy and tired and just can't will myself to do much of anything. The guilt of laying around half the day is what gets me up eventually.
I get tired when my platelets drop (whether pregnant or not), so I usually blame that for feeling exhausted.
But, really, even without iron or platelet troubles - this pregnancy thing is a lot of work for our bodies! It makes sense to be more tired than normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
blah i need to briefly vent about my mom again. And keep in mind I'm VERY TIRED. Have been all week... and extra irratable... i see it and generally avoiding people who set me off... but well it's my mom.
I'm sorry she's being so distant. I wonder if, like Meg suggested, she's worried about overstepping her bounds, or she doesn't agree with you but doesn't want to say something in case you get hurt/angry?
She could just be working through her own feelings about this pregnancy and baby, in which case, she'll get there when she gets there, kwim?
But maybe she just won't show much emotion until the baby is here and she can love on him That is what my parents have always been like - first the horrid, rude, disgusting comments, then just disapproval and ignoring the whole thing, then baby comes and they're all lovey. To be totally honest... I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
AFM: kiddo is waking up whenever she wants. Today was 4:30am. I have thought about not putting her down for a nap, but since it was so early today and mom is exhausted, I put her down. Toddler clock was ordered off of kidsteals yesterday and hopefully they'll ship it quickly! Also, DH woke me up twice last night snoring (this is not normal), so I really should be napping right now... but I let myself have caffeine at lunch, so I'm not about to pass out and I need some alone awake time...
OMGosh. That is WAY too early for me! Yikes!

Quote:
I specifically want an IKEA crib.
Ooo, I like IKEA cribs (what I've seen online). I wish we had one here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Clara us still in our crib but she didnt get there until 5 months!!
Yup, Levi is still in the crib, in our room. I don't want to move him out of the crib while he's still in our room - then I have to worry about everything he could get into while he's going to sleep or whatever, kwim?
But we can't move him out of our room until we get a room made downstairs for someone (likely DD) to move into.
Meh. He doesn't care about being in the crib, so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Hey ladies. Haven't posted in a while. Dd and I flew out to visit family for a week and a half and now she is sick so just been busy. Hope everyone is doing well as we move right along day by day I had a blast with family and every time I go visit I just want to move back! Hopefully soon we will be moving back, at least tha is the plan other than that, doing fine. Tired and all, but too busy with dd to really think about or feel pregnant like I did last time. But excited to have a new addition to the family and for dd to have a playmate!
Ugh, sorry for a sick DD. Hope she gets feeling better soon - and that you don't get what she has!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
I was feeling like cloth diaper shopping so I inventoried my stash. We're completely set until around 12 months old. Makes me happy that we have what we need but unhappy to not shop. So stupid, I know. Lol

DH is planning our gender reveal video to share with friends and family. He's so creative and fun.
But I'm not sure how we 're going to tell the kids. Any suggestions? Last time we did a cake with hidden frosting color. It was so cute.

Oh, we broke our double stroller that I loved last week. Irreparable damage. Any double stroller suggestions that hold an infant carseat and fold up compactly? This thing was a beast...too big...took up half the storage in the back of the van and didn't fit under seats.
You could always wait until you find out gender and then buy one or 2 new diapers - maybe a special one for baby's first diaper? That way you can still shop and buy something, just not too much.

No ideas on the gender reveal - we've never done one.

I don't have any suggestions for a double stroller, sorry. We tried out a few, when we had DS1 and DS2 closer together, but all of them were bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Speaking of hormones, I had my first "I don't know why I'm crying" sob fest the other day! I'm officially pregnant. Lol
gotta love those hormones!

Hope the 2nd tri brings relief for ya!

Chances are good that you won't have baby on the edd... although it could end up close. But as long as you make his day and baby's day special and separate, it won't matter. And to heck with his mother if she doesn't like it.

AFM: Yesterday was a great day - tiring, but great! Met DH and MIL for lunch, went to visit with FIL for the afternoon and we went to a park for a while, then groceries (well, that part wasn't great, lol) and back to their house for a really yummy supper.
Today, though - staying home, doing not much, and catching up on laundry. Thank goodness!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #124
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Your poor step son. My DSD's mom is similar. We told the kids this past week and she's with her mom this weekend so I'm hoping when she comes back Monday she's still excited.
Last night we were going to go to a home party but I started feeling horrible so we stayed home and just watched TV, which was fine, we didn't have any kids so lots of relaxing. Today we are headed into my parents house in the city, my Mom has a 30% off coupon at Kohls so we're planning on doing some shopping
Sorry you didn't feel good - boo. Although sometimes a night at home is nice, too!
Have fun shopping today!!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #125
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

3 sick kiddos and a dh who is on the road doing work today. He will be back tonight though.

We were suppose to go to a bday party for a girl in my ds1 class today and another one tomorrow for a girl in ds2 class. I feel bad bc we are not going to either. I am not a party fan but I think it is important for my children to go to there classmates party and the parents are always so appreciative. But there is no way with these coughs and runny noses and the crankieness that this could happen.

I let the boys lay on on the couch and watch what they want snuggled up in there blankets. I wish I had a couch to sleep on lol!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #126
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Ooo, I like IKEA cribs (what I've seen online). I wish we had one here.
Well Winnipeg's IKEA should be opening soon i think... was all over the news when i was there a few weeks ago... you'd at least have one a little closer then.

Well we survived the crib shopping trip... my mother did actually warm up a bit. Offer some opinions...I'm hoping she's just been stressed out... there's been a lot of family/friend issues for her of late.

And yay when I did some measuring in baby's room I realize I can in fact fit things in differently then i thought. So the second dresser may in fact fit... since the first one is already full of diapers. So either I need a second dresser or to find a different way to organize the diapers.

Crib's set up sans mattress. Part of the reason I got it as early is to give the cats time to adapt to the changes. And get them trained the crib is not for them.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #127
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Part of the reason I got it as early is to give the cats time to adapt to the changes. And get them trained the crib is not for them.
<---- that is from my cats! "Silly Kendall, Cribs are for cats!" Love, Doc and Kayley! lol

AFM: DH is really sick and per the drs orders we went to the emergency room yesterday thought he was having an allergic reaction to the flu and pneumonia vaccines he received but turns out it is cellulitis and would have only continued to get worse. so now he is on antibiotics and all is fine... but can i just vent for a sec? the nurse there made sure to render her opinion on vaccines and it kinda annoyed me... I'm like look lady, i have an autoimmune disease and the flu and pneumonia both would land me in the hospital for weeks so while i dont like vaccines i love them much more than being in the hospital for weeks and then laid up for anywhere from 6 months to a year so thanks but in my house we get the vaccines (and trust me I dont care what other people do, and I am likely to lean towards delayed vaxing for my kids but we will see ) ok rant over! lol

on a super happy note: I just purchased a Sonoline B fetal Doppler from ebay and I cant wait to get it!!! oh and I am now finally starting to have dreams that involve the baby, where the baby is actually here- major progress for me lol and we thought we felt the baby move the other night in the wee hours of the morning but we were both half asleep well more like 3/4 asleep lol but hubby had his hand on my tummy and I thought I felt something move then in the am he said he thought he felt the baby move, so who knows lol just kinda felt like a worm moving in your hand... is that what it feels like??? i have felt the same sensation a few times since but I have no idea lol
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #128
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton View Post
<---- that is from my cats! "Silly Kendall, Cribs are for cats!" Love, Doc and Kayley! lol
Oh i'm sure my cats agree completely... they've pretty much been denied nothing in a decade or so. They have everything... they travel... they are spoiled rotten. Unfortunately there's been a few incidences of peeing on soft surfaces... and while I'm never okay with that. I'm really not okay with it in the crib. And I know there will be jealousy issues. They've been my babies for 12+ years.... now this little creature is going to show up and steal all the attention. So we're going hard core on the cribs are not for kitties training. The ScatMat is NOT going to be a hit.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #129
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
3 sick kiddos and a dh who is on the road doing work today. He will be back tonight though.
Sorry about the sickies, don't blame you at all for skipping the parties!

Quote:
Well Winnipeg's IKEA should be opening soon i think... was all over the news when i was there a few weeks ago... you'd at least have one a little closer then.

Well we survived the crib shopping trip... my mother did actually warm up a bit. Offer some opinions...I'm hoping she's just been stressed out... there's been a lot of family/friend issues for her of late.
Yeah, I've heard the same. But they've also been talking about an IKEA there for a couple years so I'm not holding my breath!

For a good shopping trip! And good luck with your cats!

Quote:
AFM: DH is really sick and per the drs orders we went to the emergency room yesterday thought he was having an allergic reaction to the flu and pneumonia vaccines he received but turns out it is cellulitis and would have only continued to get worse. so now he is on antibiotics and all is fine... but can i just vent for a sec? the nurse there made sure to render her opinion on vaccines and it kinda annoyed me... I'm like look lady, i have an autoimmune disease and the flu and pneumonia both would land me in the hospital for weeks so while i dont like vaccines i love them much more than being in the hospital for weeks and then laid up for anywhere from 6 months to a year so thanks but in my house we get the vaccines (and trust me I dont care what other people do, and I am likely to lean towards delayed vaxing for my kids but we will see ) ok rant over! lol

on a super happy note: I just purchased a Sonoline B fetal Doppler from ebay and I cant wait to get it!!! oh and I am now finally starting to have dreams that involve the baby, where the baby is actually here- major progress for me lol and we thought we felt the baby move the other night in the wee hours of the morning but we were both half asleep well more like 3/4 asleep lol but hubby had his hand on my tummy and I thought I felt something move then in the am he said he thought he felt the baby move, so who knows lol just kinda felt like a worm moving in your hand... is that what it feels like??? i have felt the same sensation a few times since but I have no idea lol
Ugh, sorry about the sick DH (mine's a total wimp when he's sick!) and the opinionated nurse. I'm all for them sharing their thoughts/opinions when asked, but not otherwise!

Have fun with the doppler!
It sounds like you're probably feeling baby move eh?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #130
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
on a super happy note: I just purchased a Sonoline B fetal Doppler from ebay and I cant wait to get it!!!
I think that's the one I have - I love it! yay!

my cats slept in the crib the entire time before DD got here, I hated it. Of course, they've never been allowed in there with her and that's why her door is always closed.

they claim everything. They routinely sleep on the changing table, her bed (when she's not in it), her bouncy chair, her high chair when it was in the recline mode.. they never did get into the swing though and they seemed to like to hide under her playmat when she wasn't using it.