Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #131
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I think that's the one I have - I love it! yay!

my cats slept in the crib the entire time before DD got here, I hated it. Of course, they've never been allowed in there with her and that's why her door is always closed.

they claim everything. They routinely sleep on the changing table, her bed (when she's not in it), her bouncy chair, her high chair when it was in the recline mode.. they never did get into the swing though and they seemed to like to hide under her playmat when she wasn't using it.
Yea the cats trying to claim all things baby is going to be fun! we have no way to keep them out of the nursery as we dont have heat upstairs in the house except for one gravity fed register in the hallway and since heating blankets are bad for baby the door stays open! oh well the cats will be fine! however I can garuntee that they will sleep in the crib! lol (altho when I had a 18 m/o living with me the cats never slept with him, altho it was summer and I think I might have had the door closed at night lol awww who knows! time will tell!)

Advertisement

MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #132
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I thought I was feeling the occasional movement at 10 and 11 weeks, but I haven't felt anything in a while. I'm trying to convince myself the earlier movements were just gas and rationalize it to myself. I heard the heartbeat at the midwives last week and am barely 13 weeks (well, will be tomorrow) so it's totally fine to feel nothing... I didn't feel my last baby until 16 weeks... I don't remember worrying about it last time.
A friend if mine just lost her baby yesterday, so maybe that's why. Ugh. The mama worries begin!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #133
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton

Yea the cats trying to claim all things baby is going to be fun! we have no way to keep them out of the nursery as we dont have heat upstairs in the house except for one gravity fed register in the hallway and since heating blankets are bad for baby the door stays open! oh well the cats will be fine! however I can garuntee that they will sleep in the crib! lol (altho when I had a 18 m/o living with me the cats never slept with him, altho it was summer and I think I might have had the door closed at night lol awww who knows! time will tell!)
18 m/o's pull tails! Lol
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #134
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I thought I was feeling the occasional movement at 10 and 11 weeks, but I haven't felt anything in a while. I'm trying to convince myself the earlier movements were just gas and rationalize it to myself. I heard the heartbeat at the midwives last week and am barely 13 weeks (well, will be tomorrow) so it's totally fine to feel nothing... I didn't feel my last baby until 16 weeks... I don't remember worrying about it last time.
A friend if mine just lost her baby yesterday, so maybe that's why. Ugh. The mama worries begin!
well, if it really bothers you, get a crib tent.

I don't think my cats would have slept with her (well, one would have), but the other lost interest when it was discovered how screamy she could get
Old 10-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #135
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

well, if it really bothers you, get a crib tent.

I don't think my cats would have slept with her (well, one would have), but the other lost interest when it was discovered how screamy she could get
A doppler might be a better choice than a crib tent in my case, but for the cat problem a crib tent might be a miracle!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #136
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
totally kwym, mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
We had cats when DD was born - they wanted nothing to do with her, and even though they sometimes slept in her playpen, they never stayed in there if we laid her down.
No cats when the older boys were babies.
Our present cat stayed out of the baby things when Levi was really little, but in the past year or so I've caught him sleeping in the crib. We had a kitten last year (he disappeared in the spring) and I used to catch him all the time snuggled up with Levi at night, both snoozing away
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #137
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im a dog person

Bought skinny stretch mat jeans and black and gray leggings at the consignment dale today. All for $10 flat. Wooooo, my wibter wardrobe is complete.

Kids got $86 worth of winter clothes too. Now we're broke.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #138
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Im a dog person

Bought skinny stretch mat jeans and black and gray leggings at the consignment dale today. All for $10 flat. Wooooo, my wibter wardrobe is complete.

Kids got $86 worth of winter clothes too. Now we're broke.
Awesome deal!!!
I got a Ninja kitchen system today, I'm super excited to try it! I also got a maternity sweater and a couple outfits for my niece.
My parents are going next weekend to visit my sister and see the baby and I've decided to go with, so we'll leave Thursday afternoon and come home Sunday. It's a 9 hour drive, luckily my Dad loves driving and their van has a DVD built in for DS
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #139
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have always slept with our bedroom door open, but since having kids, we've had to keep it closed because of the cats. We tried leaving the door open at the beginning, but I would always wake up to a cat lying on DD1's legs. Obviously that concerned me, so we had to keep the door closed. It was sad because our cats had been sleeping with us for 7 years at that point. One of them used to sleep by my head every night. She had something wrong with her digestive system or IBD or something like that, and I think us having kids made her go downhill fast. We had to put her to sleep after DD2 was born. I was heartbroken, and I feel like it was my fault that she got so bad so fast (and now I'm bawling my eyes out).
Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #140
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
for the cat problem a crib tent might be a miracle!
I think pretty much all the crib tents got recalled for safety reasons.

Actually i'm not worried about the cats around baby... well okay maybe a little with my one older fellow... he just likes to lay on anything warm. But over all I think they'll want nothing to do with baby. It's that I know the crib will get peed in if i don't take steps to keep them out. It's not a common thing... but i know them.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote