Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Uhh... yeah. Well when you put it that way, it seems so simple!

I read your post to DH (because, seriously, that's messed up). His response is "Okay. Now what happens if you roll double 2's?"
I thought my post would clear it up for you. I keep rescheduling my appointments so I can try to figure out what I'm doing. I'm so beyond confused.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #32
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88

This is so my husband. It took me a few months to convince him that a midwife was okay! He also accuses me of turning into a weird hippie. Lol
I don't think he would mind switching to a midwife (and that's probably what I'll do if my OB ends up taking the job he wants that's 1.5 hours away), it's just that I've opted out of mostly EVERYTHING except actually seeing the doctor. Haha
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #33
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to share, we went to a Halloween party Saturday, I'm really feeling like its a girl do I caved and bought my first baby item, if we find out its a boy ill let DF pick out a boy outfit for coming home
Old 10-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #34
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

ah yes the hb wars with Dh! i know how ya'll feel I am dead-set against a hospital birth especially since our hospital here wont allow cloth diapers and they frequently tell women that they cant feed thier child that they will do it with the bottles of formula that they have. now i have nothing against formula feeding or mothers that choose that route but AFM i have chosen to breast feed and obviously to cd and I have no desire to have my child ever wear disposable diapers or have formula (now with that said, that is all assuming that i can breast feed lol) Dh is slowly but surely getting on board with the HB. so far we have opted out of all testing except for the u/s at 7 weeks and I do plan on having another u/s in 3 weeks (for me it is piece of mind, and I'm the one who wants to see pics! lol) Dh did say after the last visit that he would like the blood work to see about different birth deffects since we are HBing. and since its only blood work I will agree to it but I will not have an amnio. Now the only problem with HB is my current MW doesnt do them so I have to switch but its worth it. I am so much more comfortable with a Hb
As for ya'll: hang in there and stick to your convictions but also listen to him, why does he feel that way? and then be sure and explain in detail why you feel the way you do. for me its the "oh your not progressing fast enough were going to induce you or give you a csection now" "what do you mean I'm not progressing fast enough I've been in labor for 20 min" mentality that our hospital has. GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #35
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

Denise- that shirt is just ADORABLE!!!! where did you find that!!!!

AFM- 16 weeks today!!!!!! and I'm going to buy diapers today!!!! Probably from multiple friends! so if you dont hear from me again I am either lost in the fluffies or my husband killed me when I got home lol

Last edited by MamaBarton; 10-16-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton View Post
Denise- that shirt is just ADORABLE!!!! where did you find that!!!!

AFM- 16 weeks today!!!!!! and I'm going to buy diapers today!!!! Probably from multiple friends! so if you dont hear from me again I am either lost in the fluffies or my husband killed me when I got home lol
I actually got it n FSOT but I've seen them on Etsy

Had my 12 week midwife appointment, she tried getting the hb but couldn't and asked if I'd mind her playing around with an old portable u/s machine they have and ofcourse I didn't So got another peak, baby was head down, squirming and kicking saw the HB but she couldn't figure out how to get the rate. I go back in a month!

Here's a sneak peak of our family pics we had taken Saturday
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awwww so wonderful Denise! Love the family pics!
AFM: Newborn stash is done I think! well maybe a few covers left to get! and Snappis...

13 size small Thirsties ans 9 size NB Thirsties

2 little joeys, 1 xs Bumgenius, 1 sticky peas, 1 the raven tree, and 2 idks

super cute soaker and onsie set

2 shorties, 2 wool soakers, and 9 fleece soakers
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #38
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
DH lost his man license temporarily when he wanted to take us to a restaurant that was 45minutes down the road, but was really about 3-4 hours. Then, he claimed that he knew an alternate way home that would be only an hour and it was.... if you can imagine.... 3-4 hours.
LOL!!!!! Everything is only an hour away for my dh but I think each hour =4-5 hours.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #39
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
that's great! glad everything looks well and all are healthy!
I canNOT believe we're getting within weeks of people having their anatomy u/s... that's like HALF WAY THROUGH, mamas!
Oh, that may comment may give me a panic attack! I was commenting to my DH how with the first 9 months is forever, and now it seems like it's not nearly long enough! Not that I don't want to see the baby, but you should see the disaster I call my house...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
INS and dr bills are why im using a mw this time. All around cheaper!!! insurance sucks
I am using a mw at a birth center for a total of $4,500. That does not include ultrasounds, labwork, anything else. It would cost me $3,250 to meet my deductible and include everything if I used my insurance. So, even though I am choosing the cheaper option for the insurance company, I still have to pay more. My MW has tried to become a preferred provider w/ them, and no luck. It's very frustrating and messed up. So I would absolutely agree that insurance sucks Not to mention the amount insurance has gone up in the last few years to start with... Okay, I'm not going to get started. Deep breath, deep breath...

Elena- Those boots rock! Love them!

Denise- I keep thinking about getting a shirt like that; it's so cute!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #40
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I just read trough all 3 pages cause, it's 2 am and I am up with a sick kid ! I can't believe how far we all are getting! I have my gender scan in 3 weeks. I'm feeling like its a boy. Omg infelt baby move tonight!!!!!! I was laying on my side/ belly and totally felt it. Soooooo cool!