Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:
Looking for discounts for a mini van rental..Any help and suggestions appreciated

We have a trip planned to California next month. We need to rent a mini van because of the car seat arrangements or a bigger SUV or crossover that has that 3rd row of seats. I haven't been able to find anything lower than $400 for the week and that's with a discount.

Anyone have any codes, know of current promotions or suggestions of where to rent a mini van for less than $400?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
kelly-renee
Registered Users

Re: Looking for discounts for a mini van rental..Any help and suggestions appreciated

Check through Costco as well or another club store if you have a membership. Also ask on facebook and see if anyone has one you could rent from them for the drive. (You'd probably have to leave your primary vehicle with them). My dad said he found the cheapest deals going through the airport usually. (He has rented vans for long car trips for us as kids). He also pointed out the cost of driving your own car that many miles made renting make more sense even if you grit your teeth at the cost. He had some crazy equation showing at what point it was better to rent something than to drive your own vehicle.
kelly-renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Looking for discounts for a mini van rental..Any help and suggestions appreciated

What part of CA?
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamilikinsMama View Post
What part of CA?
I'm landing in Los Angeles.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

We went to Boston last month and wanted a minivan, but I was balking at the $800 price with taxes and fees, so I just did a full sized rental for $250. When we got there they offered us the minivan for $300 out the door. I think they try to stick it to you when booking ahead of time but then want to move the inventory when it actually becomes the dates and they aren't all rented.

But, that's gambling $400 is pretty inexpensive from what I saw. Is that with all fees?
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
We went to Boston last month and wanted a minivan, but I was balking at the $800 price with taxes and fees, so I just did a full sized rental for $250. When we got there they offered us the minivan for $300 out the door. I think they try to stick it to you when booking ahead of time but then want to move the inventory when it actually becomes the dates and they aren't all rented.

But, that's gambling $400 is pretty inexpensive from what I saw. Is that with all fees?
No, that was without all those taxes and fees so it was closer to almost $500 once those were calculated.

I did book a promo special for an intermediate SUV with Budget and they told me that 3 car seats should fit. I doubt it though. So I told them that the back seat needed to wide enough. I booked it for $216.55 total. I didn't need to put down a credit card and if the car really doesn't fit the seats then hopefully they can give us an upgrade since their reps told me that the seats would fit. I don't mind a bit of gambling.

Last edited by Luvingmy4boys; 10-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Luvingmy4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
DealSeekingMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do not have enough posts yet to include a link, but if you go to stealengine.com and search for "car rental" there is a new deal today for 20% off Pay less car rentals
DealSeekingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote