Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are flying to Florida this week and trying to decide what to travel with.

On the plane, DD1 (5) and DS (3.5) have their own seats, and DD2 (18 months) is in my lap.

When we get there, DD1 will move to either an Evenflo Amp or a Bubble Bum that is already at the destination. DD2 will use her seat from the plane while we are there.

DS is FF, DD2 is RF.

We will be 3 across in a "full size" rental sedan. Car rental place can't tell me what kind of car they have. DD1 HAS to go in the middle because DS hurts whoever is next to him. She can at least sort of defend herself, while the baby doesn't stand a chance.

In addition to traveling with the seats, we also will have a Mac Truimph Double, and a carry on suitcase of DS's medical gear, plus a diaper bag to get through the airport. We also have 2 checked suitcases to contend with on the other end.

I have to pick from...
3 Radians
1 TrueFit
1 ETA
2 Frontiers
1 Maestro
1 old style Boulevard

What would you travel with? I'm thinking 2 Radians with backpack straps, then one parent pushes the stroller while the other rolls the suitcase, but wondered what others would pick.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 10-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would YOU travel with?

depends on car but I think I have seen people say maestro is a small one if trying to do the 3 across the back seat. Other than that I don't know what to say. I would use double stroller as much as I can.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Note: I HATE traveling with the Radian (even with backpack straps)

I would take the Maestro for your DS. It's narrow, lightweight and easy to install.

If your DD1 still fits in the Blvd or EFTA FFing, then I'd take one of them for your DD1 (plane) and DD2 (car) to share. We've had a Maestro and a Blvd installed next to each other in a small sedan and been able to get them independently tight with a booster as the 3rd in a 3 across. Bonus, if the plane isn't full, the Blvd will fit rfing on most planes for your DD2 and DD1 could ride in just a plane seatbelt.

If DD1 doesn't fit those seats ffing, then I'd put an AA in your suitcase and take one of the Radians for your DDs.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would do the maestro and a radian. I travel with my radian all the time. I've done it both with back pack straps for me to carry (very heavy but doable) and on a little $20 wheelie cart (luggage cart from walmart) that DS starting around 3 1/2 would wheel through the airport. I'm sure your five year old could handle that seat on a little cart no problem. And the nice thing about that is when you get to the gate she can sit on it. Then just put the RF foot in your luggage wrapped in clothes or in a carry on. The maestro is light and you can adjust straps on it to carry on your back or also put it on a cart.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote