Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you know when ready to Nighttime Learn and how do you start?

I know my son can go all night without peeing. He has done it several times. But I never wanted to force the issue. Now I am wondering with the, maybe, side sleeping leaks were are getting... should I be doing more to encourage nightime potty learning? How do I start it?

I know if we could get him to wake up and pee, he would wake us up to "help him" as well.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

We just waited til DD1 was consistently dry 6/7 nights and switched to undies.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you know when ready to Nighttime Learn and how do you start?

We used trainers at night, woke him to pee once before we went to bed, then ditched the diapers when he was consistently dry. We'll continue to wake to help him go until he's more capable of going without help.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah this is what I was planning on doing too. I just need to fix our leaking problem and continue down that path.

thanks!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I ditched the diapers completely. He's been going to bed naked from the waist down. His body gets the signal that there's nothing on to catch the pee.
I'd start with waking him at 10 and 2. and gradually start moving the first one back. You'll pretty quickly learn his pee pattern and go down to once a night around 12-1. When he gets that pattern ingrained, he'll learn to wake up if he needs to go.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

interesting. i do know he can go all night. i think he mostly pees at night if he sleep get interrupted. Not sure if I want to be waking him but thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider it.