Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mei Tai help - Regular VS Toddler?

Me and DS are flying up north for Christmas to be with DH while he works and I want to be able to wear him during all this so we can move around easier. He just turned one a couple days ago and although they say the toddler ones are best for 18 mos + I'm still torn because DS has been 100-90 percentile since he was born. He's about 30 inches tall and around 26 pounds - at the pedi's a month ago. Which would be better for us do you think? I don't want to buy one and only be able to use it for a short time. :/

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

Re: Mei Tai help - Regular VS Toddler?

I'd recommend a toddler one it sounds like it would fit your LO better and longer. Also-You can always roll it up if it too tall. I know many people who have used a toddler size even with a small baby.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
MamaRachel
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
seller

My Mood:

What toddler MTs are you looking at?
If you're looking at, say, a toddlerhawk, then I think it would be totally fine for a 1 yr old, especially since you can roll the waist, like pp said. The difference between a Baby & Toddlerhawk is just height.
If you're looking at a Bamberoo, obimama, ______ awesome WAHM toddler carrier, I would pass and go for a standard. The high end WAHM toddler carriers really are quite large bodied, and are not just taller, but wider too.
My son fit a Toddlerhawk right around a year, but was well over 2 before he fit into our toddler Bamberoo.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awesome! What MT's do you ladies like? I've never used one and I don't know any other then baby hawks really. I'd love to find a great WHAM with cute prints
Old 10-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
F1Julie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd go toddler sized. I like having a taller back. Two Mommas Design makes a great MT that comes in toddler size. They are very reasonably priced compared to lots of other WAHM carriers.
F1Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Babyhawks and Toddlerhawks are GREAT carriers! There are a ton of fun prints to choose from, and it is so much fun to play with the design your own feature on the website. And although they are now more readily available, I would still consider Babyhawk a WAHM carrier, as it was started my a WAHM, and a lot of the employees are family. It think it is now run from a small store front in the San Diego area, with the sewing room in back. I remember robin posting pics of where all the sewing takes place. And unless things have recently changed, they are definitely not sewn in what you would consider a factory or sewing house.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

I like babyhawks and toddlerhawks and theyre great, but I really prefer a wrap converted mt I also like having a hood. I have didytai but it would probably be too small for your needs you'd want to find a toddler sized one
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
reachtothestars
Registered Users
seller

My toddler is now 28lbs not sure how tall and 17 months
I wear him in a babyhawk. I have heard the toddler hawks are bad for moms with a short torso, so it wouldn't work for me, but I have no problems with our babyhawk.
If Lucas wants to snugle his head fits fine, If he wants to hang he pushes him self up and kind of lays back.
He has he whole getting himself comfy all figured out.
reachtothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the advice again! Has anyone tried/heard of Felizzy Mei Tai's?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh also, what is a wrap converted MT?